• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    anyone else go to the action? could not believe some of the money mike taylor was getting out of some of the items, I bought 5 bottles of powder for 13 apeace a great price, and some of the hornaday bullets, anyone else get a good deals?:draw:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I went down Saturday morning. They did a horrible job identifying items. "Six leather holsters! Worth $40 bux apiece! This box is worth $240!" Yeah right... I left after about 45 minutes.

In answer to Kagnew- the auction was Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I don't know about the future of the store.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I went down Saturday morning. They did a horrible job identifying items. "Six leather holsters! Worth $40 bux apiece! This box is worth $240!" Yeah right... I left after about 45 minutes.

In answer to Kagnew- the auction was Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I don't know about the future of the store.

Guess I didn't see any advertising for it.

I hope Joe stays in business, but he's going to have to learn that sales tax money belongs to Indiana and not to him.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009

I hope Joe stays in business, but he's going to have to learn that sales tax money belongs to Indiana and not to him.
    so that's what happened, I never really knew:rolleyes:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land

As much as I truly hate seeing any small store go under, especially a gun store, I can't honestly say that ill be sad if he does go under. Ive been in there several times, was treated like crap on more than one occasion for asking to see a gun that was in the case each time with the intent to buy but never made a purchase cause of poor customer service and remarks that were made when I asked questions with the intent to know what I was buying. Long story and I wont hi-jack this thread anymore but I hope someone got some deals out of it.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    As much as I truly hate seeing any small store go under, especially a gun store, I can't honestly say that ill be sad if he does go under. Ive been in there several times, was treated like crap on more than one occasion for asking to see a gun that was in the case each time with the intent to buy but never made a purchase cause of poor customer service and remarks that were made when I asked questions with the intent to know what I was buying. Long story and I wont hi-jack this thread anymore but I hope someone got some deals out of it.

I concur....while one of the older guys in there seemed pretty nice, service in there was pretty bad. I always get this uncomfortable feeling while inside and the guns were always overpriced, unless you ordered it. Why save on ordering it when you can drive to greenwood and buy the same gun and have it then?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I concur....while one of the older guys in there seemed pretty nice, service in there was pretty bad. I always get this uncomfortable feeling while inside and the guns were always overpriced, unless you ordered it. Why save on ordering it when you can drive to greenwood and buy the same gun and have it then?

That is true. I only use 2 gun stores anymore, both have great prices and outstanding customer service, Acme sports in seymour and bite the bullet in reddington on highway 31 just north of seymour. Both of them have some of the lowest prices around the state and like I said, customers come first in there.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I was there Saturday for a while and there were some bargains on some of the small stuff, most of the guns and ammo went for very high prices.

I watched a guy pay $17 for a box of 9mm Blazer with a $12.99 (too high anyway) price tag on it. Also watched a SIG P239 sell for over $600 and a Hi-Point 9mm go for $225:rolleyes:, they are $145 at my local shop.

Most of the powder and bullets sold for a couple of dollars less than the tag price and good deals were hard to find.

I didn't go back on Sunday.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    yea, I was one of the guys getting the powder, I think that was the best deal in there. I like above could'nt beleve the price of some of the firearms, very few good deals, the hi-point was crazy, Iike I have said KNOW what it sells for down the street before you bid on it. And YES acme and Bob are GREAT people to deal with

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I stopped going in there all together. Joe could be a jerk. He catered to the big spenders. He is going to stay in the same building. He is only going to deal in Colt and Browning. Makes no sense, because that is really is going to limit his buyer clientèle. This is not the first time he did not pay his taxes and got busted. I have, been buying a lot of ammo at the Primitive Peddler, because he has good prices on his 7.62x39. Other than that I only do busness at Bite the Bullet and Acme Sports. They treat me good so they will keep my buisness.

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    I was there on Saturday bought 5 guns but did not return on Sunday. Best of luck to Joe, he told me that he is downsizing and will be carrying Colt and maybe Browning only along with doing some shows.

As for customer service that is something I work hard on at my store, trying to treat customers how I would want to be treated.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    I live less than a mile from the store, went in a few times treated like a crap every time. Never went back. I think the correct title for one you doesnt pay sales tax is a thief. I think he deserves to go under.

Top Bottom