• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I'll admit this is rather sad. I have lived in Brown County for 15 years and I have never been into J & J Custom Firearms in Columbus. I am wondering do they only sell new stock or do they also buy and sell used guns? I have a few guns I was thinking about bringing in and either selling them or trading them. And I just wanted to make sure that they do in fact buy used guns there before I pack up and head in there.

Last edited:

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I've not been in there myself because of their odd work hours. I would call before you head that way and find out.

(812) 379-9097

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Odd hours mostly you can catch them Friday and Sat.

I think they make most of their money on high end colt sales, a lot of single action stuff, a small but reasonable amount of stock under glass,

I've not been able to come to terms with them on price and I've had trouble getting them to order a gun for me, always "we'll check into it, you come back next week and we'll have a price" and every once in a while they do have a price but most times not.

Joe is a great guy and he does alot for the shooting community, a huge sponsor of the Friends of the NRA events,

I wouldn't expect top dollar on your trade in's but we all know that is the case on about any shop.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Joe has quit a few long guns, and an ok selection of handguns. Both used and new. His ammunition prices are average I guess. Most of his handguns I have found cheaper at other local shops. Though my Dad did get a good deal on a NIB FNP 9 USG model. I actually got a good deal when I traded with him for my Xd .40 service. It was a 75th anniversary pack which included three extra mags, and one extra mag pouch. For the same price as other where selling for the normal packs. My Dad and I have done a lot of business at his shop. In no way am I trying to bad mouth Joe, but he tends to cater to the high rollers. A lot of times if you just want a box of ammo, or something small. It's like he does not want to really acknowledge you. That's my personnel experience. He has been through some tough times recently, so I do not hold it against him. Also yes he is a huge Colt fan. When you get a chance stop by and see the shop.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I have been there twice and was kind of disappointed in thier customer service. They kind of make you feel like they are doing you a favor letting you look around thier store or like it is a hassle to anwer any questions. I thought the first time that maybe the fella was just having a rough day or something but it was the same on the second trip. I was actually there the second time to support a local business and buy a 1911 not just look around. Not that it should make any difference. I ended up leaving there and driving up to Bradis and made my purchase with them. Much nicer folks to deal with.

On a more positive note he does have some nice higher end handguns in stock and a pretty decent selection of long guns.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Go to ACME in Seymour.
    :+1: My Dad and I make a weekly trip to Acme. They have the cheapest ammo prices of any local shop I go to. Also their gun prices are usually always under the other local shops prices. I always try and deal with Clint. He is the tall one. He is a very nice guy. Also there is a gun shop in Reddington a little past the s curve on 31 South. On your right hand side, it's right next to his house. There is a sign in his yard. It's called Bite the Bullet, and Bob the owner is a top notch guy.

Craigh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    I also recommend Bob at Bite the Bullet as well. I've done quit a lot business with him over the years and worked with him on the Freetown USPSA matches. He's a good guy. He also will sell your used firearms in his shop on consignment...... His number is 812-445-3010.

Thanks,

Craig H.

Top Bottom