• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I vote for anatideaephobia used in a sentence. It must also be said in an Italian accent, just to avoid confusion.

73abf187ef3c11bbb84b1751889d7649.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nice gun. Have you ever heard of Project Appleseed?

But what if they are carrying a Hi point or some other cheap POS/saturday nite special? Isnt that like pulling up to a Yugo at a stoplight some summer evening and yelling "Hey man! Nice ride!" ?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Just quietly tell him his firearm is visible. If people are close enough to hear they're probably close enough to have already seen the gun.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Depends on the situation but most of the time I would just use it as an opportunity to go talk guns with the guy! The few times I have seen some guys reveal on accident usually leads to a great conversation having not known they carry previously, just like talking guns with an OC guy. So yeah if they aren't blatantly OCing then why not bring it up, I would do it more for the conversation I think than to let him know, but that is just me.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    If it's exposed, give it a good wiggle when they're not watching.

I'd probably not say anything. Only people I have noticed carrying down here were open carriers. But I worry about my gun being exposed, especially because I am younger and although I dress half-way decently sometimes, I'm not super clean-cut. I think if someone saw a gun sticking out of my pants compared to a 50 year old man's pants, it'd be more likely to assume that I was up to no good versus him. I'm in my mid 20's, probably could use a haircut and a shave... For the fear of someone getting the wrong idea about me I want to ensure it remains concealed. Maybe that's still just some new-LTCH owner jitters (Have had my LTCH since October, so not 'very long' yet) but it's certainly a concern of mine.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If this were a State where OC was illegal then I could see mentioning it. Since it's not, I don't. None of my business how you carry out your business.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "HEY! That looks just like a gun . . . only smaller!"

rhino out!

One training class I had, I used my formerly owned M&P 9c. The instructor, Steve Fisher, asked me where the rest of my gun was. :(

I've spent three years daydreaming about "what if" I had come back with a witty retort. But I didn't have anything at the moment. sad.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    One training class I had, I used my formerly owned M&P 9c. The instructor, Steve Fisher, asked me where the rest of my gun was. :(

I've spent three years daydreaming about "what if" I had come back with a witty retort. But I didn't have anything at the moment. sad.

In retrospect, would it have helped at the time?

Good thing I never tease people.

​rhino out!

Top Bottom