• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    After some suggestive remarks from several shooting buddies, I finally joined the crowd. Took it to the range yesterday and shot very well with it. This is my second handgun chambered in .45acp, the first of which doesn't see nearly the round count this one will. I plan to use this in USPSA single stack play. I burnt through some factory stuff last night pretty quickly. Dies in .45 are already on the way!

trpfirstshots.jpg

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    CONGRATS and nice shooting first day out !!!!

Next thing you know you'll be carrying it and forsaking all your other pistols! (and THAT is a good thing) LOL

GONZO!!!

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    @ Jonny4523,

ROFLOL....does your response mean that we know who each other are...?!!!! <evil grin>

and I bet, in time, you will switch and after I welcome you over the promised land and give you a pat on the back, I will never ever let you live it down!!!!!!!

GONZO!!!

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Welcome aboard. The 1911 is, for me, the most natural pointing handgun and just runs great. You'll find it tough to use "lesser" handguns again... ;)

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Welcome aboard. The 1911 is, for me, the most natural pointing handgun and just runs great. You'll find it tough to use "lesser" handguns again... ;)

I will have to say, that I went back and forth between this and my XD without having to make any adjustments last night. I had no trouble at all making shots with one after coming off the other. That was one of my concerns that if I use my new TRP in Single Stack, is it going to throw off my Production game. From the results last night, not at all. Actually, using the 1911 in practice and working with the .45ACP recoil, it probably helped me out quite a bit with the lesser 9mm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You'll love it. The TRP has a great bundle of features, even if the price is a bit high.

I started my Springfield addiction with a GI and then range officer and then a loaded and then another range officer with more options and then a Trophy match and ended (for now) with a TRP. They are all great for what they represent and the TRP is the best of them.
    Welcome to the addiction.

Hello, my name is Churchmouse and I am an addict...........................:rockwoot:

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I will have to say, that I went back and forth between this and my XD without having to make any adjustments last night. I had no trouble at all making shots with one after coming off the other. That was one of my concerns that if I use my new TRP in Single Stack, is it going to throw off my Production game. From the results last night, not at all. Actually, using the 1911 in practice and working with the .45ACP recoil, it probably helped me out quite a bit with the lesser 9mm.

Oh, you can shoot other guns and even do fine with them. You just might find you don't enjoy them quite as much any more. Kinda like eating pizza in Italy and then getting home and ordering from Papa Johns. You just don't look at Glo...Papa Johns in the same way any more... :D

Top Bottom