• ...and so much more!
  • following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    IUPUI student robbed at gun point

Very short article, basically the kid was comming home late after studying and was robbed by a relatively small man with what the article said to be a Short Barreled Shotgun, but knowing the media could be a number of things.

This is why I hate leaving my ccw at home when I go to IUPUI.

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    See, "gun free zones" do work! For the criminals. Brilliant!

When I (briefly) worked at Wishard, during orientation they went over how employees are NOT allowed to carry guns on them, or in their cars parked in the parking lot, and get this... you were NOT allowed to carry stun guns, pepper sprace, or mace on your person or in your vehicle. You can imagine some of the groans from everyone sitting there. Just what I need, to be made a victim on the way to or from my vehicle by one of the many upstanding patients that Wishard caters to.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    if only they would ban short barreled shotguns in Indiana... :ugh:

Apparently Criminals don't actually go through legal channels.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    maybe they should ban money... then why on earth would criminals wanna rob people...
    This may happen sooner than you think. It's called a smart card. The military has been using this system for years. To store medical info and such for personnel. This card will be your ID, Drivers License, your access to your money, Medical History, etc...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Actually, IUPUI has an "official" policy of no guns on campus but practical application is pretty gun friendly. I was an IUPUI officer there for 5 yrs prior to my current department. The worst we would do to someone that was found to be carrying was to ask them to lock it in one of the gun lockers and give you the only key. We would NEVER ask someone to leave them in a car and we could not "officially" give our blessing to carrying concealed. However it did not bother us and quite a few of the "brass" are extremely pro gun. I have never seen nor heard of a student getting expelled from school for carrying. This is NOT IU Bloomington and as a result is not as liberal. A commuter campus is a different animal. Conceal and stay concealed. Do not print and you will never have a problem.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Actually, IUPUI has an "official" policy of no guns on campus but practical application is pretty gun friendly. I was an IUPUI officer there for 5 yrs prior to my current department. The worst we would do to someone that was found to be carrying was to ask them to lock it in one of the gun lockers and give you the only key. We would NEVER ask someone to leave them in a car and we could not "officially" give our blessing to carrying concealed. However it did not bother us and quite a few of the "brass" are extremely pro gun. I have never seen nor heard of a student getting expelled from school for carrying. This is NOT IU Bloomington and as a result is not as liberal. A commuter campus is a different animal. Conceal and stay concealed. Do not print and you will never have a problem.

Does this still apply? How did those that got caught carrying get caught?

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    How many people can you recall carried?

I always had a knife when I went to IUPUI. There were always strange people wandering around after I got out of a night class.

And, I can't belive someone with an <u>illegal firearm</u> went into a <u>Gun Free Zone<u> and <u>comitted a crime</u>!!! What is this world coming to!?!?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Damn, though, I don't think I'd draw on a shotgun.

If the robber is taking the money from you, he is getting close enough for you to be able to control the muzzle away from you with one hand as you draw and engage. This is yet another example of where one in the pipe is the only way it works.

Top Bottom