Its official! XD-S have hit the shelves!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Just looked on gunbroker and the new Springfield xds is there for around $600! On xd talk there are a few people that already have one

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I checked Blythes in Valparaiso earlier today and they did not have an ETA yet. I wonder when they will make it to IN.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    exactly my point.
    why pay more for less?

Carrying a single stack gun is much more comfortable and concealable than a double stack. The XDs should be able to be pocket carried as well, which is very difficult with thick guns. I would imagine the price will go down once they are commonplace, and hype drops down.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Carrying a single stack gun is much more comfortable and concealable than a double stack. The XDs should be able to be pocket carried as well, which is very difficult with thick guns. I would imagine the price will go down once they are commonplace, and hype drops down.
    im sorry, i am a big guy so that helps, but i can daily carry a taurus pt92, a glock 22, S&W 5906 and now S&W M&P 45.
    i just dont see the need for a single stack, 6 shots of 45 acp. buy a snub nose 357, its much cheaper. just as deadly.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    600? Really? why not just buy a full size XDM and a bigger shirt to cover it?

^^^This.
    I don't understand the point of the .45acp in the smallest gun you could imagine. #1, it will recoil like a muuuuggg, #2, it will not be as accurate as the full size or the compact size xdm .45, due to tiny little barrel and stumpy little grip. #3 Bigger shirt or Open Carry and you would have a EDC firearm that is a lot more likely to do the job when called upon than a micro .45 (xds).

I have to admit, I like innovative, new, aesthetically pleasing guns as much as any one. If it were a 9mm or a smaller caliber in general I would probably really like it... Just don't like the "Biggest round/smallest size" combo in EDC pistols. I own an XDM full size 9, and would love a subcompact size xdm 9... I just don't understand why they only offer it in .45ACP. Maybe it will be offered later... DOES ANYONE KNOW? If it isn't, this wont be a gun in my collection. I'd rather have an easily controlled EDC, which for me, would be a full size/medium sized .45acp or a compact/subcompact 9mm when wearing lighter clothing. If needed to save your life, I'd rather put a .22 through the forehead of a BG than hit him in the arm with a .45.

Just my opinion and what works well for me tho.

It is a nice looking gun for sure... just wish it was 9mm.

Last edited:

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I handled one today. It felt smaller than the m&p shield I wish it was about half an inch longer in both directions but I liked it. Felt good!

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    They will release the 9mm and .40 version, they released it in.45 first because it will sell because there are already 9mm and .40s in that size on the market... As far as accuracy I guess we will see, it's a small .45 edc not a sniper rifle

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    gallery-xds07.jpg
    \\
    I'd like to get my hands on one to see how it fits.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I picked mine up today from Bradis (great guys )! Will shoot it this week and post a review! Like the feel so far but real test will be when I shoot it. My computer is being worked on so I will post pics later. I admit that I will like it when the longer mags come out as my pinky needs a home!

Oh yeah, I was surprised that Bradis only got 1 gun so far as I read on XDs forum that other shops got 2or3 guns. Haven't heard of any getting more than 3 yet. Cost was $549.00 retail plus tax.

Top Bottom