• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    After more than 2 years, I want to buy another handgun. Here's my problem: I don't want any particular gun, I just want to buy another one. How stupid is that? :rolleyes:

I really like Glocks and Kimbers, but I refuse to satisfy this itch with another one of those. XDs and Sigs are essentially off the table. As well as revolvers and anything under 9mm. With the exception of perhaps a good .22.

How would you solve this problem?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    After more than 2 years, I want to buy another handgun. Here's my problem: I don't want any particular gun, I just want to buy another one. How stupid is that? :rolleyes:

I really like Glocks and Kimbers, but I refuse to satisfy this itch with another one of those. XDs and Sigs are essentially off the table. As well as revolvers and anything under 9mm. With the exception of perhaps a good .22.

How would you solve this problem?

When I had that itch, I bought a WALTHER P-88 9MM:rockwoot:

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Just buy something used for a good deal and make it your barter gun. I always have a gun that I am not too attached to and when I get bored I will trade for something different. I've traded up, down and even.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you don't already have a nice .22, I would consider it. Maybe a Ruger MK II or III or a Browning Buckmark. I have (4) different configurations of the Ruger and at least (1) goes to the range everytime out.

Shooting 500 rounds for $18.00 is a plus. Also, not having to find all your brass and then tumbling/loading it later is another plus.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It took two years? I want another gun once I get a new one home. ;)

I'd suggest a .22LR. Try a GSG 1911, Ruger MKII or a Walther P22. All are pretty good and you can sgoot all afternoon for less than 20 bucks. If you would consider a revolver you could get a S&W Mod 17 or 617, a Ruger Single Six or a Taurus in .22LR. A S&W 19, 66 or 686 in .38/357 would be a good choice too. There are quite a few choices out there. :yesway:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It took two years? I want another gun once I get a new one home. ;)

I'd suggest a .22LR. Try a GSG 1911, Ruger MKII or a Walther P22. All are pretty good and you can sgoot all afternoon for less than 20 bucks. If you would consider a revolver you could get a S&W Mod 17 or 617, a Ruger Single Six or a Taurus in .22LR. A S&W 19, 66 or 686 in .38/357 would be a good choice too. There are quite a few choices out there. :yesway:

Colt556, I can't believe you didn't tell him to get a BROWNING HI-POWER 9MM:dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have to agree with some of the others. Buy yourself a nice .22 pistol. Much more affordable to shoot.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Yep, +1 on the .22lr handgun. Lots of styles from tactical looking GSG, Walther, or M&P to tack driving target rigs from Ruger (Mk), Browning (Buck Mark), or an old High Standard. I think there's a couple target models and a 9-short revolver on the INGO used boards.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom