• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    It must be game night in Indianapolis... Took Papa Johns 1 hour, 15 minutes to deliver my pizza, to find out they forgot my breadsticks, gave me bbq wings instead of buffalo wings, 2 garlic sauces instead of 2 cheese, 2 garlic sauce instead of 2 ranch, and the pizza is cold. Took them 1 hour and 6 minutes to re-deliver my food. Now I have more food than I could ever eat alone and enough cheese, garlic sauce, and ranch to open my own Papa Johns store...hahaha.

Am I just a complainer?? I mean, your job is to make pizza, that's it, nothing more... and you failed :noway:! I did tip the delivery guy a decent penny both times because it's really not HIS fault, but wow!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    [threadjack]
    bblicharski, what calibers do you have in your avatar? I'm guessing 357 sig, 400 corbon, and 40s&W
    [/threadjack]

At least they tried to make it right. Food service sucks on busy nights

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    [threadjack]
    bblicharski, what calibers do you have in your avatar? I'm guessing 357 sig, 400 corbon, and 40s&W
    [/threadjack]

At least they tried to make it right. Food service sucks on busy nights

I'm guessing .357sig, 10mm, and .40S&W...

Game nights are bad nights to order food. As a former Papa Johns delivery guy, I can tell you a few things that directly relate to why your order gets screwed up...

1. The phones ring constantly, for hours. Order takers are sometimes talking to multiple customers at once to try and keep up. I never had to work the phones as a driver, but I can only imagine how confusing it can get to juggle more than one order at a time.

2. The make line is packed. Stuff gets made wrong, items don't get put it...this SERIOUSLY screws up the delivery times. When its really busy, the chance that someone will make your pizza wrong the first time around is kinda high, just because of how fast they're trying to crank them out. There was nothing more frustrating than having to wait for a "re-make" and watching my tip shrink the longer it took me to get out of the door.

3. The ovens are overflowing....sometimes you're just stuffing pizzas in boxes and sorting them out down the line, just to keep them from falling on to the floor.

Do yourself a favor...order EARLY, or go another route for game day food. Papa Johns does allow you to pre-order online, for a specific time...it'll seriously cut down how long you have to wait for your food, as opposed to just calling in your order during the rush. I think you can also call in earlier in the day, and request your food be delivered at a specific time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Oh, man, I have the exact same problem down here.

I always order cheese sauce instead of garlic sauce, which is default...

and they always charge me more for it, but every ***************** time, it's garlic sauce.

Last time I had the driver return the whole order back to the store... and I'm usually not one to complain, but this has happened five out of the last six times.

No, despite the deliciousness, customer service at Papa John's is pretty terrible from my experience.

Good luck on them getting the rest of it right.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    This is why I never order pizza delivery. The delivery is just another part of the process where things can get screwed up, then you have to shell out additional money on top of that (delivery tip).

I like making my own food at home. We went out to get something to eat last night, but only because I had a headache and didn't feel like cooking (I cook in the home for the most part). My wife likes KFC chicken stripes, though I might try to get her back on Tyson and such (as it is cheaper). We hit up one KFC, and sit in the drive thru and wait and wait and wait. I know chicken takes a long time to cook and such, but I also know the employees at this KFC aren't high school kids who will end up going to college and becoming educated workers, no, the people at this KFC aren't the brightest of folks. So we finally decide to go to another KFC about three miles away. It is not as busy, but the totally screw the order up, or I should say they gave us another person's order. We go back and they make it right. The chicken I go wasn't as good. Usually they are 9-10, this piece was a 5. For $9.50, should have just ate at home.

Top Bottom