Issues with laserlyte... any good experiences out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Hey all,

I bought a Glock 19 a week or so ago with a Laserlyte RL-1 rear laser sight on it from Cabela's. I thought it was pretty cool, until it decided it didn't want to turn off anymore. I had to remove the batteries to get it to turn off! So, needless to say, I'm thinking of just buying a replacement stock sight and sending it back to Laserlyte. Problem is, I sent an email asking Laserlyte what they could do to fix my issue, and haven't heard back from them yet.
    So, I'd like to know if any of you have any experience with Laserlyte's customer service department. I'd like to be able to use it, but would probably rather rely on a stock plastic sight, as I know it can't fail. As a side note, what is the stock rear sight height on a Glock 19? Which plastic sight should I get?
    What do you say guys?

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    The one I had was junk. It was a rail mounted one tho. It wouldnt shut off then it ended up falling apart from the recoil, it only lasted about a week

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Update: I ended up calling Laserlyte. I spoke with a young lady named Cara who said she would send me out a replacement rear sight ASAP. I got it in the mail the other day, along with a few sets of free batteries. Laserlyte has more than made up for my warranty issue, and has really stood behind their product.
    I'm totally happy with my purchase, and just wanted to get a positive record out there for a company that's willing to stand behind their product.

That said, their pistol bayonet is still a silly product, but their rear sight lasers are sweet.

Top Bottom