• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, Israel isn't going to wait around for a major attack on them. They've had plenty over the years. Netenayaho (hard to spell) is gonna do what it takes to make the first move and get the advantage.

Remember, not too long ago some Israeli undercover assassin's took out a guy and that was big news for about 2 days. Then they said "NUTS!" and went ahead with an appartment development in contested territory.

Its a lot like boxing, UFC etc. If the little guy can get a few quick punches in right a way, then the bigger guy is on the defensive. That plays right into the strength of the smaller and more agile force.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    id much rather see Israel start kicking arab azz than the arabs kicking Israels azz and getting ahold of nuclear weapons and technology. ive said before that i wouldnt mind the whole middle east being turned to glass, and maybe israel will do it. i would bet on them doing it before the U.S. would. if we were attacked with nuclear weapons i bet barry wouldnt even push the button to retaliate.

Some would say that anything East of Israel would be turned into a Nuclear Wasteland. These are the same folks who've never been to the big sandbox and realized that it is already a WASTELAND - just not an atomic one (yet).

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Ya, and Iraq had the third largest army in NATO until it got it's arse kicked, so this means nothing.

Iraq was NEVER a member of NATO, Turkey has been in NATO for over 5 decades. The Turks have modern western equipment, just like Israel. I'm not saying the Turks could go attack Israel and go toe to toe with the IDF, but they're nothing to scoff at.

Last edited:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Some great articles on Israel's massacre over on Pat Buchanan's blog.

buchanan.org/blog

I doubt any of neocons (liberals) will like the articles, but it wouldn't hurt them to know that America is alone in its support of Israel's actions. It also wouldn't hurt the neocons to be educated on the fact that they are liberals and their positions are in contradiction to those held by true Conservatives. I mean, seriously, will anyone here dare to be more Conservative than "Go, Pat, Go"? Of course, not. I saw Mike Pence on CNN, yesterday. I truly wonder which country this neocon serves. He cannot be more dangerous to America.

I did some research on why American fundamentalists support Israel. It has to do with something in the Bible claiming that Christ will return to Earth when the Jews return to Israel. There's also some Bible passage that roughly reads "God blesses those who bless Israel, and the inverse." Until the end of WWII, fundamentalists were hardly friends of Jews, but that changed with the rise of powerful preachers in the Radio and TV Age who took a literal view of certain Bible passages. When the Jews got their country in 1948, certain Protestants saw that as a sign and have been since running with it.

As fundamentalist Protestant Christians really only exist in any significant numbers in America, this Bible-based support of Israel among Christians is not found in any other country.

We're nearing the point of calling red-state support of Israel a violation of the separation of church and state.

Last edited:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    they may have strayed away but according to scripture they are his people and he will one day gather them together unto himself again. .

No, Christ said: "no one comes to the Father, but through me." John 14:6. By Christ's words, the Jews are damned, as they don't accept Christ as the Messiah.

Fundamentalist Christians need to study Christian theology from the church that wrote it and has preserved it for 2,000 years. They're making up their own theology and getting it wrong.

Fundamentalist Christians would do well to look at Italy and France, the home of the true Christians, the places where Christianity was born, grew and has endured for 2,000 years. Neither of these countries has the view of Israel that the fundamentalists of red-state America have.

Scripturally, Christians should be trying to convert Jews to Christianity as unsaved persons. yet the American Protestant fundamentalists get this basic matter of theology exactly wrong.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, Christ said: "no one comes to the Father, but through me." John 14:6. By Christ's words, the Jews are damned, as they don't accept Christ as the Messiah.

Fundamentalist Christians need to study Christian theology from the church that wrote it and has preserved it for 2,000 years. They're making up their own theology and getting it wrong.

Fundamentalist Christians would do well to look at Italy and France, the home of the true Christians, the places where Christianity was born, grew and has endured for 2,000 years. Neither of these countries has the view of Israel that the fundamentalists of red-state America have.

Scripturally, Christians should be trying to convert Jews to Christianity as unsaved persons. yet the American Protestant fundamentalists get this basic matter of theology exactly wrong.
    Good point. But I think the support from the US has more to do with the wealth and power of some jews from around the world. The Christianity aspect is doled out to the masses for easy consumption.... That said, Isreal should do what it thinks it needs to. It's none of our business, but if they'd like to spend their money on our weapons and equipment, thats fine with me to.:twocents:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Issrael planned on a massacre so they armed thamselves with paintball guns? :rolleyes:
    Seems to me that they did all they could to avoid killing anyone. When is the last time the Coast Guard used paintball guns to board a ship?
    Israel offered to ship the aid to Gaza themselves if they would offload it at a port for a security search (just as they have done many times before) and Egypt made the same offer. It was refused. The whole idea of the flotilla was to force a confrontation and a press report, same as always.
    Do a google search for "Pallywood", very interessting.

Israel is guilty until proven guilty. :twocents:
    Remember that my opinion is worth the same as yours

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I have always been taught, that the 2nd comong of Christ, the Jews eyes, will be opened to the truth...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Let's remember something here: Israel is not solely composed of Jewish people. There are Christians, Muslims, Jews, and probably a few other religions represented there. It's easy to think of it as "the Jews' country" but when the Dome of the Rock mosque is built pretty much on top of the site of King Solomon's temple, of which only the Western Wall remains, it's hard to substantiate. It is their national, not their religious identity that is of importance here.

Israelis and more specifically, the IDF, make no bones about their intentions. They intend to survive and will take whatever action they must to ensure that that happens. If others do not have the political will to match that level of force (and to date, they have not) then the others will lose. Consider how many countries can claim to have won a "Six Day War".

This is not about Chosen People nor is it about Comings and Second Comings. This is about surviving against all odds. I'm not removing God from the equation, because I believe in Him very strongly. I think He is the source of their strength, but the will to use that strength... that comes from within. They don't wait for Him to save them.

To put it another way, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammo."

Blessings,
    Bill

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    A couple of points:

I support Israel for entirely secular reasons.

Israel may have only been a country for 62 years, but the Arab countries who oppose Israel have only been countries for twenty or so years before that.

There were around 600,000 Arabs who left Israel mostly voluntarily when it became a country. There were approx. the same amount of Jews forcefully expelled from Arab countries at the same time. The difference is that Israel took in the Jews, but the Arab countries refused to take in the Arabs, forcing them in to camps where they could be used as political pawns.

The land was first controlled by unknown peoples, then by the Jews, then by Christians, then by Arab Muslims, then by Christians again briefly, then Arabs again, then by Turkish Muslims, then by the British. The British created Arab countries, but reneged on a promise to do the same for the Jews. That's the only reason Israel wasn't formed at the same time as the Arab countries.

Jews are the longest identifiable group to live in that region, and they've lived there consistently throughout the years.

The idea that the so-called Palestinians have some greater claim is not supportable.

Finally, until post-Saddam Iraq, the only Arabs in the middle east that lived with civil rights, lived in Israel.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    Some great articles on Israel's massacre over on Pat Buchanan's blog.

buchanan.org/blog

I doubt any of neocons (liberals) will like the articles, but it wouldn't hurt them to know that America is alone in its support of Israel's actions. It also wouldn't hurt the neocons to be educated on the fact that they are liberals and their positions are in contradiction to those held by true Conservatives. I mean, seriously, will anyone here dare to be more Conservative than "Go, Pat, Go"? Of course, not. I saw Mike Pence on CNN, yesterday. I truly wonder which country this neocon serves. He cannot be more dangerous to America.

I did some research on why American fundamentalists support Israel. It has to do with something in the Bible claiming that Christ will return to Earth when the Jews return to Israel. There's also some Bible passage that roughly reads "God blesses those who bless Israel, and the inverse." Until the end of WWII, fundamentalists were hardly friends of Jews, but that changed with the rise of powerful preachers in the Radio and TV Age who took a literal view of certain Bible passages. When the Jews got their country in 1948, certain Protestants saw that as a sign and have been since running with it.

As fundamentalist Protestant Christians really only exist in any significant numbers in America, this Bible-based support of Israel among Christians is not found in any other country.

We're nearing the point of calling red-state support of Israel a violation of the separation of church and state.

Considering the names you've been called as of late, I don't think the fella that spouts this crap is helping you appear any different.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    The land was first controlled by unknown peoples,

You can't be serious.

then by the Jews, then by Christians, then by Arab Muslims, then by Christians again briefly, then Arabs again, then by Turkish Muslims, then by the British.
    You missed the Hittites, Assyrians, Phoenicians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Philistines, and a few others. The rule of the Jews over the land was really quite short.

The Brits stole the land in 1918 in the same failed and oppressive treaty that gave us WWII. They had no right to the land, nor any right to go creating states out of it.

The British created Arab countries, but reneged on a promise to do the same for the Jews. That's the only reason Israel wasn't formed at the same time as the Arab countries.
    That, and the fact that there were very few Jews living in the Levant, so creating a state for them would have been rather silly.

Jews are the longest identifiable group to live in that region, and they've lived there consistently throughout the years.
    Absolutely wrong. This is a complete fabrication.

The idea that the so-called Palestinians have some greater claim is not supportable.
    Except that it's their land and has been for longer than any other group.

Finally, until post-Saddam Iraq, the only Arabs in the middle east that lived with civil rights, lived in Israel.

I didn't know apartheid was a civil right. The Palestinians are treated as untermenschen.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    In the past, I might have spent some time proving my assertions and countering in detail. I've wised up. I won't spend the time, because that's this guy's trick - he gets you to spend a bunch of time countering, then he pops off a couple of bumper stickers and moves on to something else.

I will no longer be lured under the bridge by the bait put out by those who dwell there.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    In the past, I might have spent some time proving my assertions and countering in detail. I've wised up. I won't spend the time, because that's this guy's trick - he gets you to spend a bunch of time countering, then he pops off a couple of bumper stickers and moves on to something else.

I will no longer be lured under the bridge by the bait put out by those who dwell there.

Good. That concocted load of bollocks you recently posted is best forgot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom