• ...and so much more!
  • seared liver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Recently purchased an AK-74 which has a broken firing pin. The retaining pins are basically welded inside the bolt assembly, so I purchased another bolt, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, and extractor/spring/retaining pin. They are all US made from Carolina Shooter Supply. After attempting assembly of these parts I'd rather have someone else build them out. Alternatively if someone could remove the retaining pins from the original locked-up bolt and replace the firing pin with my newly purchased one, that should work for me too. I'm also looking to have the headspace checked on the bolts with my firearm to assure it's safe to fire. If anyone knows a reasonable AK builder/gunsmith that could complete these tasks near the Indianapolis area (I'll travel further if I must), please let me know.

Thanks

Akbuilder545!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2024
    Atlanta
    Recently purchased an AK-74 which has a broken firing pin. The retaining pins are basically welded inside the bolt assembly, so I purchased another bolt, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, and extractor/spring/retaining pin. They are all US made from Carolina Shooter Supply. After attempting assembly of these parts I'd rather have someone else build them out. Alternatively if someone could remove the retaining pins from the original locked-up bolt and replace the firing pin with my newly purchased one, that should work for me too. I'm also looking to have the headspace checked on the bolts with my firearm to assure it's safe to fire. If anyone knows a reasonable AK builder/gunsmith that could complete these tasks near the Indianapolis area (I'll travel further if I must), please let me know.

Thanks
    I have been building AK’s from kits since 2003
    over 500 build between AK-47 AK-74 and Galil type rifles and similar. I have a Degree in Firearms Technology from SDI and going on 22 years experience. My shop is in Atlanta Indiana. SOT and 07 FFL Happy to help. I have $2,800 worth of AK assembly jigs, plinker jigs and press fixtures! Sometimes it takes a lot of effort but I have not had a bolt I didn’t eventually get apart!

Top Bottom