• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    A radical Islamic sect based in Somalia and linked to al-Qaida and based in Somalia plotted to kill US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during her trip to Africa last month, according to The Australian newspaper.

The plot was to be carried out through a planned series of bomb attacks set to take place in Nairobi, the capital of neighboring Kenya, while Clinton was there - one in the hotel where she was staying. The plot was foiled at the last minute, media reports, citing senior security officials, said.

According to yesterday's reports, al-Shabaab, which is viewed as increasing regional threat in Africa, planned three attacks in Nairobi while the US Secretary of State was there.

There were to be major bomb blasts in the hotel where Clinton and her entourage were staying, as well as at another major hotel and a transport hub.

The rest of the story here.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    How about a blockade? The AK's in the criscrafts won't cut it against the US Navy and Marines.....

I do believe the pirates fired on a helicopter recently.

That is so effed up. A plot to kill a US Secretary of State. 1/2 the reason is likely because she's a female in a position of power. In this context her party affiliation is irrellevent.

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i think even the fact that shes a woman is irrelevant. every american is a target. any "important" american is a priority target.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    How about a blockade? The AK's in the criscrafts won't cut it against the US Navy and marines.....

I do believe the pirates fired on a helicopter recently.

That is so effed up. A plot to kill a US Secretary of State. 1/2 the reason is likely because she's a female in a position of power. In this context her party affiliation is irrelevant.

I was gonna say something snide before I read this....and then thought better of it. You're right...politics aside, she's still a representative of our nation.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I was gonna say something snide before I read this....and then thought better of it. You're right...politics aside, she's still a representative of our nation.

You are absolutely right...but wait for it..do you hear them coming? It is still early, soon we will have several posts on how it is too bad they didn't get to do the job...reps for you though.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I don't understand this whole thing. I was told by this administration that terrorists don't exist anymore. Those poor misguided souls must not have received their copy of the NY Times that day.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i think even the fact that shes a woman is irrelevant. every american is a target. any "important" american is a priority target.

While I think your absolutely right about it just being about her being an American, I also think that because she's a woman in power that was a lot of the motivation behind it. Muslims can't STAND seeing a woman in power and they showed it when they killed the woman in Israel(?). Her name escapes me.

I don't wish harm on anyone in our government. I just wish them all get voted out and have to work a real job for a change. If they can find one.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    You are absolutely right...but wait for it..do you hear them coming? It is still early, soon we will have several posts on how it is too bad they didn't get to do the job...reps for you though.

I was just wondering how this is working out for you?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    This had to be a tough decision for the Islamists. I mean, on the one hand, she's an American, a woman in a position of power, and a target of opportunity during her visit. On the other hand, her and her ilk are some of the best friends in our government that they have. Tough choice.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    she's a woman in power that was a lot of the motivation behind it. Muslims can't STAND seeing a woman in power and they showed it when they killed the woman in Israel(?). Her name escapes me.

Are you thinking of Benazir Bhutto in India back in 2007?

Also Indira Ghandi in India. The Israeli one was a man. His name escapes me.....

Top Bottom