Is WalMart hording ammo so they can control it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    So, I have it on solid authority that WalMart is stocking up on ammo and then rationing it out.

Has anyone else heard this or could a possible employee verify?

I found out through an employee that doesn't normally work the ammunition counter. Said employee happened to be covering the ammo counter when the employee was approached by an individual looking for 7.62. Like most stores, the shelves were bare. After seeing the shelves were empty, this customer requested to speak to a specific person. Once this employee realized who the customer was, he told the original employee to go ahead and get some from the back.

The employee relaying this info told me they were absolutely stunned at the number of cases just sitting in the back. The employee told me there were several cases stacked chest high and 3 rows deep and they weren't any plans I to put it on the floor.

So, after digging a little deeper, apparently WalMart is still ordering massive amounts of ammo and actually receiving them but are rationing them out. They aren't putting every caliber out (even though it is sitting in the back) and they have a daily allotment that is less than the amounts they are receiving.

I asked specifically about 22lr and was told they had a substantial amount but only stocked it on certain days and only allowed a certain amount to be put in the case.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Ask for a manager and have them scan the UPC tag on the shelf and show you what the screen says. Their inventory system tells them how many are in the back. ;) If manager does not play ball then ask for a district manager name and number or skip him/her and call corporate office. I am sure that corporate would love to hear that a manager is refusing to sell a stocked product.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Reliable Gun Store Employee told me that Wal-Mart and China are Conspiring to Control the American Ammunition Market. Only when Ammo Prices Triple will Ammo once again be Available. Should this be in Purple ? :D

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    It could be a ploy to get customers into their stores to buy items other than ammo. Think about it.....you walk in to buy ammo, they're out, but on the way out, you spot a good deal on a tv. You may have gone in with the notion of buying one item, and walking out with an impulse buy. Sorta like the candy and soda in the checkout lanes....last minute impulse buy.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    :dunno:
    Ask for a manager and have them scan the UPC tag on the shelf and show you what the screen says. Their inventory system tells them how many are in the back. ;) If manager does not play ball then ask for a district manager name and number or skip him/her and call corporate office. I am sure that corporate would love to hear that a manager is refusing to sell a stocked product.

If it were a big deal for me, I would. I try to spend as little time as possible in WalMart but I wouldn't mind hearing the results if someone were to attempt this.

What Walmart is this or are you stating that all Walmarts are possibly doing this?

I will not be discussing the particular WalMart my friend is employed with as I don't want to risk this individuals job. Generally the only one who accesses the ammo safe in the back is the person who runs the sporting goods department and my friend just happened to be the only one available to help this "special" customer.

Reliable Gun Store Employee told me that Wal-Mart and China are Conspiring to Control the American Ammunition Market. Only when Ammo Prices Triple will Ammo once again be Available. Should this be in Purple ? :D
    Are you certain you wanted us to imply purple here? :)

It could be a ploy to get customers into their stores to buy items other than ammo. Think about it.....you walk in to buy ammo, they're out, but on the way out, you spot a good deal on a tv. You may have gone in with the notion of buying one item, and walking out with an impulse buy. Sorta like the candy and soda in the checkout lanes....last minute impulse buy.

I'm not sure but it is plausable. I was think more along the lines of an anti gunner store manager gone rogue. :D

Wal Mart is the largest arms/ammo seller in the USA. They did not get there by keeping it in the warehouse.

Correct. They didn't get there by being stand up business people either.

Brian 45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Talked to manager and was told that the trucks come in each day but that people are waitng for them to put it out and buy all allowed. I have seen this happen. I don't think this guy would lie about this. He said the corporate offices are controlling what is shipped to them, that the stores no longer have any say about what they can get in and that this change in policy occured right after the owners met with Bidden at the white house.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm going to put on my flip flops, a thong and a tin foil hat and go talk to the manager.

I'm printing this one and putting it right next to my Grassy Knoll clippings.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, the ammo comes in a black helicopter to my WalMart. I've seen it being delivered. The helo comes in low and quiet, it must have those sound suppressors on the exhaust ports and those special blades to reduce the sound. The it just hovers there as the ammo is roped down through the roof. No lights and all of the crates are painted so black they look like a hole in the fabric of space-time, you can only see them for what you can't see behind them. I tried to take a picture with both a digital camera and a Polaroid but there seems to be some sort of electronic distortion field emanating from either the store or the bird that keeps an electronic camera from working right, all my pix looked like white noise. The Polaroids came out all white, like they were over exposed, every one so they have some sort of way of keeping those from working too. When they saw me there trying to take pictures, a large group of heavily armed men in those SWAT like Ninja outfits came out of the store and tried to detain me but I managed to get away before they were able to reach me. I was able to notice though, they were all carrying Chinese made AK's and side arms. Clearly all of this is an attempt to keep us from being able to repel a Chinese invasion force by limiting the amount of ammo we have available. No doubt this is some sort of well thought out attack on both our economy and possibly, our way of life by the Chinese/WalMart Coalition. :abused:

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm 50/50 on what u say. I'm kinda know 2 Wally employes in gwood n beech grove that are n sporting goods. They say what is coming in next day every time I see them and ask. Maybe there blowing me smoke. But I do see the sheet and they have no problem showing me. So I dunno? Could be true.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Well, the ammo comes in a black helicopter to my WalMart. I've seen it being delivered. The helo comes in low and quiet, it must have those sound suppressors on the exhaust ports and those special blades to reduce the sound. The it just hovers there as the ammo is roped down through the roof. No lights and all of the crates are painted so black they look like a hole in the fabric of space-time, you can only see them for what you can't see behind them. I tried to take a picture with both a digital camera and a Polaroid but there seems to be some sort of electronic distortion field emanating from either the store or the bird that keeps an electronic camera from working right, all my pix looked like white noise. The Polaroids came out all white, like they were over exposed, every one so they have some sort of way of keeping those from working too. When they saw me there trying to take pictures, a large group of heavily armed men in those SWAT like Ninja outfits came out of the store and tried to detain me but I managed to get away before they were able to reach me. I was able to notice though, they were all carrying Chinese made AK's and side arms. Clearly all of this is an attempt to keep us from being able to repel a Chinese invasion force by limiting the amount of ammo we have available. No doubt this is some sort of well thought out attack on both our economy and possibly, our way of life by the Chinese/WalMart Coalition. :abused:

You have seen the choppers too?

My family though I was crazy when I told them.

Top Bottom