• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm buying one of the Trauma / First A Kits from the group buy:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/group_buys/64027-group_buy_trauma_first_aid_kit.html

I just recently started some bags a BOB and a FAK, so this is all new to me.
    There is not as many takers as I thought there would be for the amount of stuff that is being offered. So now I'm wondering do most of the people that try to be prepared consider the FAK the least important bag to have ready? The trauma bag will allow someone to treat for major injuries but I'm guessing the idea is to make up these bags for one person - yourself. In that case a trauma kit would not be necessary? But if your are trying to prepare for a family or small group I would think this would on the top of the list.

I would appreciate some direction here, thanks.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I say its a great start and would be good to add a few things to and be able to handle one person, or a small family fairly easily. I've got most of that in the kit in my Get Home Bag in my car. I'm still working on getting the rest, and will prob be getting one of his kits after I pay my bills. The price he's offering that for is pretty good for what you are getting. If you don't believe me, go to Walmart or CVS and price the stuff out that's in that kit.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Its never too much

Prepping is both a mindset and a lifestyle. You start with what you can afford and build on it a little at a time. Keep in mind that first aid items, like most supplies, will degrade over time. You can't just throw them in a closet and forget about them. You will need to replace and maintain the things in this bag just like anything else.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No doubt! I spent a small fortune putting my 2 med kits together. Enough that I could have bought another gun from my wish list:(

I know it's a good deal, I checked the pricing. So now I start packing in the more first aid kit type stuff (like Alcohol prep pads, Iodine, eyewash etc) and I will have both ends pretty well covered?

I know this is a good start on a trauma kit, any suggestions or lists for general purpose stuff so I don't over look anything?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I have a wide variety of medications in my bag. Things like benadryl, ibuprofen, Imodium, antibiotic ointment, broad spectrum antibiotics, anbesol, visine, multivitamins, etc....I also keep things like really good tweezers, RG scissors, RG nail clippers, hemos, razor blades, sutures, etc...And then things like safety pins, sewing needles/thread, etc....

Top Bottom