• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    If a foreign power invaded the US, would you shoot at their soldiers?

Or at least ask other people to do it for you?

ahhh, the common misconception of borders and country boundaries, the West made those distinctions. Mid-east muslims are more concerned with sects of their cult and the territories they control, not some imaginary lines on a piece of paper.

if your argument held true, you would not see Al-Qaeda and other associated terror groups flocking to Afgahnistan, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, Nigeria, Somalia, South East Asia and the Philipines, they would just be worried about their little piece of the map.

They are coming here to the USA everyday, building communities that even the Feds can't penetrate. Ny, Mi and several other areas as well. They have Suadi funded schools with little to no educational circulumn oversight at all, using books written, bought and paid for by the Saudi govt actualyl calling for the destruction of the west and death to infidels. but, we cant address that because it's "racist".

Bobo the Clown along with support from sKerry and other dimocrats just loosened restrictions against "immigrants" associated with terror groups seeking asylum in the US. you really think those types of animals are coming here to become Americans and embrace our ideals?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That is a good thing, because Christian beliefs are equally detached from reality and they are not at all interested in educating anyone, beyond putting some other variant of voodoo wizardry into their heads. People should oppose all this nonsense regardless of what the end game is.

Source?

Oh wait...It's probably going to be hard to post a link for something that you just pulled from the crack of your a$$....

Lord what I would give for the Faith of an Atheist.....They are like little children...."Life came on the backs of cyrstals from outer space you silly goose!"

[video=youtube;TUetJ3umTWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUetJ3umTWU[/video]

Last edited:

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Source?

Oh wait...It's probably going to be hard to post a link for something that you just pulled from the crack of your a$$....

Lord what I would give for the Faith of an Atheist.....They are like little children...."Life came on the backs of cyrstals from outer space you silly goose!"

i always ask who/what made those crystals....

ya, i can accede that maybe God isnt the magic man riding clouds helping football players score touchdowns on weekends while letting kids suffer and die but, for me, or anyone else for that matter, to believe that there isnt something bigger than us out there is assinine.

a point of proof for me are all the temple constructions all over the world and and the Nazca Lines and how they almost ALL line up perfectly when superimposed on constellations from 10,500 BC.

the math of the Great Pyramids construction is unexplainable as well. It is something like every stone had to have been set in 9 seconds, or thereabouts, for 22 years in order to complete. Also, the ramp to get those massive stone to the top would have had to have been about 2 miles long.

eg. The Great Pyramids in Egypt will align to the constellation of Orion while the Nile forms his bow. This constellation has been used to find other temple constructs in other parts of Egypt.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Crusades tend to get a bad rap in recent times, not unlike America's involvement in Vietnam did for years after the war. But the reality is that the Crusades were not all bad and did much to protect the world from advancing radical Islam during that time of history. The Crusades spanned several centuries, with a wide variety of leaders and in many countries. Not all of the leaders or missions were good ones, but not all were bad either. Some were in fact justified. They actually played a key role in shaping the political boundaries of the world which endure in some form to this day. For example, the Battle of Lepanto in 1571, was one of the last crusades in which the main fleet of the Ottoman (Islamic) Empire was defeated in the Gulf of Corinth, off western Greece. If not for this key victory, modern day Europe may very well have been Muslim.

You'd probably be surprised then, that the Crusaders sacking Constantinople (Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire), lead directly to that empire being absorbed by the Ottomans. The Crusades, may have been staffed with pious men looking for salvation, but it was certainly led by murderous, greedy tyrants (including the Pope) intent on expanding their wealth and influence.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    well, it is being overrun by islam today. while it may not be overt violence, there is a lot of violence in the modern day subversion of Europe by muslims. Look at the rioting in Paris, UK, German etc...

Germany was concerned about the massive influx of muslims into their country and sought to put limits oon it, the muslims and bleeding hearts called them "Nazi's" for even talking about inacting those limits and all of a sudden, the Germans folded. it is happening in UK and France and here in the US as well. any time a muslim individual, organization or community are investigated or even called out on something, CAIR and other terror groups immediately cry "islmaphobia" and it shuts people up. i guess muslim is the new black....

Germany folded because there was no legitimate reason to deny people entrance into their country, other than ignorance.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Germany folded because there was no legitimate reason to deny people entrance into their country, other than ignorance.

youre right, a country shouldnt have the right to limit the amount of people seeking entry into it. they also shouldnt be allowed to control WHO wnters and from where they are coming from.....got it.

Ted Kennedy screwed the US royally when he knocked down our immigration limits in 1966? i think it was. all in the name of getting more dimocrat votes and securing power.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yep, we westerners consider the crusades over and done with, muslims have never stopped fighting those wars. They just do it in different ways now and we allow them. They will destroy western civ from the inside using our own resources and way of life, inability and fear of recognizing the danger that they present for fear of being called an islamophobe.

I would suggest you do some reading on the Crusades. Even they were not organized strictly along religious lines. Christians assassinated Christians. The Second Crusade (or First Crusade if you don't count The People's Crusade led by Peter the Hermit, and some Historians don't since it was unsanctioned) reached out to Muslims in Egypt to ally against the Muslims in what is modern day Turkey. Pope Urban II, the Pope who sanctioned the first Crusade never marketed it as a war on Islam. It was a war to reclaim Jerusalem, a way to stop inter-European wars, and a method of salvation for the knights. (The interpretation of the day held that any killing was sinful, and while it could be forgiven even a "righteous kill" required that forgiveness.) The knights were presented the Crusades as an armed pilgrimage, and the Crusade was called "The pilgrimage" or "the journey" in writings of the time. "Crusade" was applied later.

I've lived in the Middle East (Qatar and Jordan, primarily) and studied the history of the region from 1000 AD or so on (First Crusades) and nothing is ever as simple as "us vs them". The Muslims are not a united group, any more than Christians are. Even "Al Queda" isn't a monolithic group, its more akin to the UN than anything else, an umbrella organization with many different interests pulling many different ways and no one entity in charge of the whole. The "every Muslim is a jihadist" ignores the fact that from the very beginning they have co-habitated with Jews and Christians (people of the Book). Jihad has long been used as an excuse to further political ambitions and often from outside influences (the Germans encouraged Jihadists in WWI as a means to get Arabian peninsula Arabs to attack the British for occupying Egypt).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You'd probably be surprised then, that the Crusaders sacking Constantinople (Eastern Roman/Byzantine Empire), lead directly to that empire being absorbed by the Ottomans. The Crusades, may have been staffed with pious men looking for salvation, but it was certainly led by murderous, greedy tyrants (including the Pope) intent on expanding their wealth and influence.

I think that's overly harsh on the Pope and most of the leadership. You have to look at the context of the time. The "five princes" who led the early Crusades certainly had their faults, but the time was absolutely filled to capacity with religious fear. 1000 AD Europe was pretty darned sure the Apocalypse was happening in 1030 AD, and that influenced their lives tremendously. The "Armed Pilgrimage" concept held tremendous religious pull for the faithful, including the leadership. However, yes, there were some who were ambitious and evil. "Adopting" a father only to have him killed a few weeks later to take over his land, etc.

Wife just said it's lunch time, more later if anyone's interested.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I think that's overly harsh on the Pope and most of the leadership. You have to look at the context of the time. The "five princes" who led the early Crusades certainly had their faults, but the time was absolutely filled to capacity with religious fear. 1000 AD Europe was pretty darned sure the Apocalypse was happening in 1030 AD, and that influenced their lives tremendously. The "Armed Pilgrimage" concept held tremendous religious pull for the faithful, including the leadership. However, yes, there were some who were ambitious and evil. "Adopting" a father only to have him killed a few weeks later to take over his land, etc.

Wife just said it's lunch time, more later if anyone's interested.

could you recommend some reading on this? i have always been pretty curious about this period of time.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Source?

No, see here.

It is fantasy, yet there are actually people who believe it explains the fundamental nature of life. Many to the extent that they become hostile every time rational inquiry relegates a portion of it to history's dustbin. Exactly like every other tribal era fantasy storybook ever published, all equally well proved.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    i always ask who/what made those crystals....

Your idealogical forebears asked who/what caused cholera.

The 'answer' was sin and the sickness the punishment. In the absence of appropriate optical and analytical techniques to prove this an errant diagnosis the belief persisted. Even after those came into widespread use there was a bit of a struggle to beat back ignorance. The powerful never want to give up their power.

I don't find Yersinia Pestis in any of the holy books, nor is an effective treatment method laid out.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Your idealogical forebears asked who/what caused cholera.

The 'answer' was sin and the sickness the punishment. In the absence of appropriate optical and analytical techniques to prove this an errant diagnosis the belief persisted. Even after those came into widespread use there was a bit of a struggle to beat back ignorance. The powerful never want to give up their power.

I don't find Yersinia Pestis in any of the holy books, nor is an effective treatment method laid out.

I'd like to think youd give me a tad more credit than thinking in those simple terms...FFS, scientists all over the world STILL don't know what made the Big Bang or, if it even happened that way at all!

SOMETHING made the universe, something had to come first and I am talking way bigger and much much sooner than fish crawling out of the ocean!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    could you recommend some reading on this? i have always been pretty curious about this period of time.

It depends on how dedicated you are (aka, if you're a nerd or not). If you want a very good overview of the entire series of Crusades: The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land: Thomas Asbridge: 9780060787295: Amazon.com: Books

There are many others, of course, and its such a rich time in history that you could literally spend the rest of your life reading about nothing but the assorted personalities, campaigns, politics, etc. I'm not quite that dedicated, but I've found myself working backwards. I started with the modern Middle East, and realized I couldn't really understand it without going back to the founding of Israel, pushing me back to WWI, pushing be back to the Ottoman Empire, pushing me back to the Crusades...

The book above is easy to read, doesn't get bogged down in any one particular event, and is presented fairly and without an agenda. The author has a huge amount of research among primary documents and contemporary accounts and is very up front about places where records disagree, theories have been discredited by new discoveries, etc.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    It depends on how dedicated you are (aka, if you're a nerd or not). If you want a very good overview of the entire series of Crusades: The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land: Thomas Asbridge: 9780060787295: Amazon.com: Books

There are many others, of course, and its such a rich time in history that you could literally spend the rest of your life reading about nothing but the assorted personalities, campaigns, politics, etc. I'm not quite that dedicated, but I've found myself working backwards. I started with the modern Middle East, and realized I couldn't really understand it without going back to the founding of Israel, pushing me back to WWI, pushing be back to the Ottoman Empire, pushing me back to the Crusades...

The book above is easy to read, doesn't get bogged down in any one particular event, and is presented fairly and without an agenda. The author has a huge amount of research among primary documents and contemporary accounts and is very up front about places where records disagree, theories have been discredited by new discoveries, etc.

thnx! I will order that out immediately!

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville

Add in Tactics of the Crescent Moon subtitled Militant Muslim Combat Methods by H. John Poole. I found it at Half Price Books. Awesome read into the mind of an Arab and an Asian in battle.

But, I still have my muslim problem at the VA. First time I hear Allah Akbar...I am shouting back Jesus Akbar, Allah (spit on ground here) and assume the war has started.

Everyone heard about the 19 minute op with snipers on a power plant right? Probing. A test. Sleep tight.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Add in Tactics of the Crescent Moon subtitled Militant Muslim Combat Methods by H. John Poole. I found it at Half Price Books. Awesome read into the mind of an Arab and an Asian in battle.

But, I still have my muslim problem at the VA. First time I hear Allah Akbar...I am shouting back Jesus Akbar, Allah (spit on ground here) and assume the war has started.

Everyone heard about the 19 minute op with snipers on a power plant right? Probing. A test. Sleep tight.

Will post more on the later...

Top Bottom