• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    fumbling for my membership card as I walked by to notice the No Firearms on Premise at the Merrillville Costco. I have lived here for six months and never noticed this sign before. I am familar with Costco Headquarters in Seattle and I know how liberal they are, so thisis not a surprise. It is very disturbing as I spend anaverage of $300 bucks a month there. I will be writing a letter, I know it won't do any good. If I do go back I will continue to CC. That's a big if.....

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not a Cosco member myself, but I have looked up their policies before.
    http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Misc/PDF/09EX0308_ServiceDirectory.pdf
    Pages 14 and 15

No mention of firearms, but they can change whatever rule they want, with no notification, and revoke your membership for any reason. Might be worth clarifying if this is a local store policy or undocumented corporate policy.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    They all have it.

I would love to refuse them business over it, but a business that size could care less and I would never be able to convince my wife to stop shopping there. You have to choose your battles and this one isn't worth it for me (with the marital fighting that would ensue). Instead I ignore their sign, and just get satisfaction for completely ignoring their sign.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I will honor the sign the business has posted in their window. I'd avoid spending my money with them like the plague. If I belonged to costco I would cut up the membership card and send it to them with a note explaining I don't want my life to be put into jeopardy because I had to leave my gun in the car as I was shopping in their establishment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    They all have it.

I would love to refuse them business over it, but a business that size could care less and I would never be able to convince my wife to stop shopping there. You have to choose your battles and this one isn't worth it for me (with the marital fighting that would ensue). Instead I ignore their sign, and just get satisfaction for completely ignoring their sign.

:yesway:
    This gentleman truly understands the issue. All of the silent martyrdom that others advocate doesn't seem to be working. Boycott if you feel you must, but I think that almost always it won't help. Perhaps if ALL gun owners would agree to do it, but that in and of itself is impossible.

P.S. The stores don't care about your safety while in their store, so don't expect to pull at their heartstrings when you insist you deserve and need to protect yourself.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    how a store treats its customers or its workers is more than one issue. I would choose costco over sams club any day. The quality better, the customer service is better and the workers of costco are paid an actual working wage. (Around $16 an hour on average.) This working wage deal is important whether you shop there or not. When workers aren't paid enough they end up sucking off welfare and thus costing us taxpayers. (No I'm not advocating a higher minimum wage or government intervention.)

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    how a store treats its customers or its workers is more than one issue. I would choose costco over sams club any day. The quality better, the customer service is better and the workers of costco are paid an actual working wage. (Around $16 an hour on average.) This working wage deal is important whether you shop there or not. When workers aren't paid enough they end up sucking off welfare and thus costing us taxpayers. (No I'm not advocating a higher minimum wage or government intervention.)

Rep'd

I have no problem taking my business elsewhere but you have to weigh the cost/benefit. I took my dry cleaning elsewhere because it was a small company that might actually respond to my input and there was an equally good local company a few blocks away. However its not worth going to Sams rather than Costco... especially when they are huge and will never know/care.

I particularly like your clarification on not advocating government intervention.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Costco pays a very good wage. My buddie's son works in the snack area selling hotdogs. He just turned 18 and makes $11/hr passing out ballparks. I might have to get a second job & drop an application for some extra gun money... :)

Top Bottom