Is This a Good Use of Tax Payer Dollars?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well, look at the bright side; at least the harpist is providing a service for the money (albeit a completely unnecessary service). Millions don't.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    some people will ***** about anything wont they?

When I saw that video on facebook, I said hey cool, I bet that inspired a lot of people. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Military bands are traditions that go way way back.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Not to mention the morale boost to the servicemen and women overseas who saw this and are likely quite homesick this time of year. Seeing a fellow-in-arms bringing a healthy dose of Christmas cheer to the people you are fighting for has to feel good.

I guess you guys'd rather they had a boot on your neck instead?

Edit: This is a Hornady post, I'm a sucker. Of course this is a great use of my tax dollars! Really!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Actually, the Christmas shows I saw included Gladys Knight (and a pip or two) and some fine looking wimmen wearing pasties and G strings.

I guess it all depends on what you call "traditions".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I thinks it's a great thing. And it's nice they were able to do this because with the way some people complain on how they get offended by things like this it's becoming more of a rarity in this day and age.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Beautiful rendition.

Certainly not the most egregious misuse of taxpayer's dollars but I'm sure the fact they're performing an actual Christmas song will be enough to send atheist libertarians into one heck of a kinipshen fit.

I saw this flash mob sort of thing not too long ago. It's pretty good.

Little Girl Donates A Coin To A Street Musician, Gets The Surprise Of Her Life! [VIDEO]

Song choice doesn't bother me in the least. But $16+ trillion in debt, a few million in unnecessary payroll ain't much. Only problem is a lot of ain't muches add up to $16+ Trillion.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would rather them spend my money on those fine military musicians than on thousands of more IRS workers to steal our money by enforcing obama-care.

Personally with a "small" USAF tie, I love it!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Song choice doesn't bother me in the least. But $16+ trillion in debt, a few million in unnecessary payroll ain't much. Only problem is a lot of ain't muches add up to $16+ Trillion.

I'm pretty sure almost all parts of the .gov can afford to take a 10, 15, 20, or 25% hair cut without affecting the true mission of their departments/agencies. Should the Air Force band not survive such a cut, I'll probably live the rest of my life just fine. But if I had to rank government spending stupidity from worse to best, programs such as this would likely be closer to the better use of my tax $$$ end of the spectrum than the worst spending end--in my opinion.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Did I miss something? Last I was in the service we all got paid a monthly salary. Were these people paid more for their performance with our tax money? I think they would have been paid the same if they were sitting on their ***.

Congrats to the Air Force.. Loved it.

edit.. filter didn't work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Did I miss something? Last I was in the service we all got paid a monthly salary. Were these people paid more for their performance with our tax money? I think they would have been paid the same if they were sitting on their ***.

Congrats to the Air Force.. Loved it.

edit.. filter didn't work.
    The filter didn't work because ass isn't a forbidden word.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    At least they joined the Military and did something with their lives instead of sitting on the couch all day.
    I recall hearing stories of Cooks and non-combat personnel fighting just as hard as the combat troops in battles, you never know who or when one of these people might save one of your relatives lives.
    Not to mention, if the Military didn't have band members, who would play taps?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's our tax dollars spent by "the government". Of course the usual suspects must find fault with it.

I'm over $300,000 in debt which is over 5 times my annual income. Every year, I add at least another $25,000 in debt. And people expect me to give up my season tickets to the symphony. The nerve.

Top Bottom