• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I make of it that he's waiting until late enough in his administration, that he can be assured the courts won't have time to strike it down while he's still I office?

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I was reading some news articles saying that he wants to ban "assault weapons" and enact stricter laws in general. I know his agenda is super old news, but I am wondering if should make a rather large purchase soon.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think his puppet masters are trying to figure out when to play it. They see the conservatives gaining popularity in the poles, and its looking like Hiltery may not be the shoe-in they hoped.

My guess is this:

He'll wait until its pretty clear which way the country is leaning prior to the election, and perhaps even use it as an October surprise. While it is clear he hates the conservatives in this country, it does nothing politically for the liberals to try to push an Exec order through now. It really can only hurt them and further elevate the Republican candidates for next November and could even be part of a rally cry for the right for the next 10 months. He may lay the ground work and prime the pumps for Hiltery if she happens to steal the election in the fall. I honestly think it will be one of the first, if not THE first Exec Order she issues if she is elected.

She can talk about she's finishing the good work Bill started with the AWB under his presidency, but that this one won't "Sunset" like the last one did.

Chess, not checkers.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I think his puppet masters are trying to figure out when to play it. They see the conservatives gaining popularity in the poles, and its looking like Hiltery may not be the shoe-in they hoped.

My guess is this:

He'll wait until its pretty clear which way the country is leaning prior to the election, and perhaps even use it as an October surprise. While it is clear he hates the conservatives in this country, it does nothing politically for the liberals to try to push an Exec order through now. It really can only hurt them and further elevate the Republican candidates for next November and could even be part of a rally cry for the right for the next 10 months. He may lay the ground work and prime the pumps for Hiltery if she happens to steal the election in the fall. I honestly think it will be one of the first, if not THE first Exec Order she issues if she is elected.

She can talk about she's finishing the good work Bill started with the AWB under his presidency, but that this one won't "Sunset" like the last one did.

Chess, not checkers.
    Makes sense, lets hope she loses.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    What can he actually do? He surely can't ban currently legal guns buy EO, that makes law, that's not what EO's are.

He could redefine terms of FFL, sure, but ban face to face private sales at fed level...?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I don't know. It makes sense for him to have all the ground work prepared and use good timing to his benefit. He's also arrogant enough to do it anytime he sees fit without using good judgment. I would not be shocked to see him unveil something next week. I don't think it would be that soon, but I'm betting within a week after the next incident. I'm sure there are lots of plans and ideas already thought up just waiting to go into play. He really doesn't care about the country or the citizens, it's all about his legacy to him.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I don't know. It makes sense for him to have all the ground work prepared and use good timing to his benefit. He's also arrogant enough to do it anytime he sees fit without using good judgment. I would not be shocked to see him unveil something next week. I don't think it would be that soon, but I'm betting within a week after the next incident. I'm sure there are lots of plans and ideas already thought up just waiting to go into play. He really doesn't care about the country or the citizens, it's all about his legacy to him.

While true, he's also not a one man band. He's got a lot of people behind the scenes directing traffic and he's the front man. If nothing else, it was convenient for them to leak a little bit of this into the press today to get the attention off of the Republican debate commentary.

These guys may hate the traditional conservative values that America was founded on, but they aren't fools.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    After his last speech, I would expect nothing less than him banning ARs and Aks at LEAST. I'm guessing he would go after private sales as well as using NY gun laws a standard.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    What can he actually do?
    Only as much as We The People will stand idly by and allow him to do. When WE say "Enough is ENOUGH!" with our Actions, when we cease the murmuring and begin declaring "Enough is ENOUGH!" He and they will become powerless.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    After his last speech, I would expect nothing less than him banning ARs and Aks at LEAST. I'm guessing he would go after private sales as well as using NY gun laws a standard.

He can't, or he would have already. He would have banned them after Sandy Hook if he could have. He's scratching and clawing to hold on to what little relevance, to an ever shrinking crowd of supporters, he has left, before he moves out of the White House.

The only hope of banning those guns is the newest "Assault weapons ban" proposed by the House demoncrats. But even they know it has zero chance of making it through Congress.

All he can do is complain like he has been for the last 3 years, but now it seems fewer and fewer people are complaining with him.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This administration is the king of Friday afternoon news dumps. Wed the 23rd is the ultimate Friday afternoon news dump. It will last nearly two weeks, until the news cycle is back to normal business.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Obama probably gave the order last time to the feds to ban the ss109 and M855 ammo just to see if it would work so he didn't have to look like the fool when it didn't. How the hell are they going to ban something when we would be granfathered from the law. There are millions of these guns out there.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I believe that Obama has given up trying to change laws the legal way, so he will try and make the lives of gun owners extraordinarily difficult. Don't underestimate his determination. I imagine there are executive orders coming.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I

Which right now is and ever shall be "Jimmy Carter was a damn good POTUS after all."

Top Bottom