• Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    A few months ago the wife said "no more guns for at least a year."

Then the night of the election she said, "we need to get our ammo NOW!"

Today we went to Bradis and she's walking around and this is what I hear...

"I want a .22 pistol." and she made a sad face.
    "OOH, a pink AR." "Oh it's a .22" and she made a sad face.
    "OH MY GOD A PINK SHOTGUN, CAN I TOUCH IT?" "Oh...it's a Mossberg...." and she made a sad face.

She had these super highs followed by depressing lows. She's not getting a pink AR anytime soon, but I might get her a .22 pistol. Since as you can see above she's got this thing for pink, anyone know of a .22 pistol that can purchased pink or be turned pink easily? She's not a fan of the Ruger MK series so getting one of those with a Volquartsen laminate grip won't work. (I actually pitched that idea to her some time back and was shot down.)

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Does the ruger have a pink option? My wife is the kind that not only loves pink, but loves knowing that I won't be hijacking a pink gun anytime soon. What she doesn't know is that I'm manly enough to not worry about being seen shooting a pink gun.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here is an idea. The example in the video is a Smith & Wesson 22A, but I am sure it isn't the only thing that works with DuraCoat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu7O3CIASPU[/ame]

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Was at Gander in Greenwood this afternoon, went in to pick up a few of the .22 LR Federal 525 packs that they have for $19.99 - the ammo sales were booming...shot shells, rifle ammo, pistol ammo...you name it. I think the school shooting today and spurred some interest in buying ammo today.

$19.99 is not the greatest price ever but it's close enough....they seemed to have about 100-150 boxes on hand.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Couple of weeks ago I bought my wife a Ruger SR22, really a nice little .22 handgun.

Yes, it is. We picked up a used one from Bradis a few months ago. I don't think Ruger offers a pink option from the factory, but there's no reason it couldn't be made pink with the wonders of technology.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Well, she called me at work last night, apparently she'd been thinking about our trip because she says to me. "Babe, I really want a Remington 870....they have pink camo ones like my .22 rifle. Can I get one?" I'm so proud of her right now.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    I would stay away from the .22 sig. Its got some reliablilty issues. You can get her a pink lady, or any revolver with a pink grip if you wanted.

Or if the only real way to get her into guns is pink, you can always get it painted for her. I would suggest the ruger sr22. It has fed every type of ammo I have thrown at it, and not a single hiccup

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A few months ago the wife said "no more guns for at least a year."

Then the night of the election she said, "we need to get our ammo NOW!"

Today we went to Bradis and she's walking around and this is what I hear...

"I want a .22 pistol." and she made a sad face.
    "OOH, a pink AR." "Oh it's a .22" and she made a sad face.
    "OH MY GOD A PINK SHOTGUN, CAN I TOUCH IT?" "Oh...it's a Mossberg...." and she made a sad face.

She had these super highs followed by depressing lows. She's not getting a pink AR anytime soon, but I might get her a .22 pistol. Since as you can see above she's got this thing for pink, anyone know of a .22 pistol that can purchased pink or be turned pink easily? She's not a fan of the Ruger MK series so getting one of those with a Volquartsen laminate grip won't work. (I actually pitched that idea to her some time back and was shot down.)
    No she's not ill, just smart.:patriot:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I bought my wife a pink and black camo Walther P22 for Christmas to go along with S&W AR15-22. My wife wants a semi auto but has trouble racking the slide. She can operate the Walther fairly easy so I figure once she develops the strenght and cordination we will get her a larger caliber.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well, she called me at work last night, apparently she'd been thinking about our trip because she says to me. "Babe, I really want a Remington 870....they have pink camo ones like my .22 rifle. Can I get one?" I'm so proud of her right now.

S&W also makes their AR in Pink :)

BTW...Charter Arms makes some pink revolvers.....and I think hey have a pink .22 LR ,model.

Top Bottom