• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You know, it doesn't matter what a person does or did for a living, if you are wrong, you're wrong.

I wouldn't unload. Carry on folks

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Gotta remember, many other shoppers don't know you from the next person and older people get a little nervous seeing someone in plainclothes walking around a grocery store with a gun hanging out.

I can remember it just fine but I see this as their failing, not mine. If they were smart they would assume everyone was carrying whether they could see it or not.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    So in your eyes it's better for the actual shooter to kill a lot more people waiting on the cops to get there? Well, I believe the part about you being a LEO anyway.

No Sir, that's not what I am sayingat all. All I am saying is in a hypothetical situation as active shooter gets shot by a armed individual in civilian attire, when law enforcement arrives and said armed individual (not the active shooter), is observed standing there with a gun in his hand (you could be in with the active shooter), just because the "good guy" says I'm the good guy doesn't mean a hill of beans, at that moment and those moments go by very quickly. And the way some of these younger cops are you MIGHT get shoot yourself. And 2 to the chest and one to the head is kinda difficult to survive.
    Think about it..everything is chaotice, shots have been fored, people shot and injured and 1 man (the hero in this case), but they don'tknow this, standing there with a smoking gun.

Just to let you all know, I believe that in general LE departments nowadays are becoming too paramilitary and losing the trust of the average citizen. They are getting or many have gotten the attitude that they are above the citizens rather than a citizen themselves with the profession of a law enforcement officer.
    But thats for a whole another story!!!

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I believe that in general LE departments nowadays are becoming too paramilitary and losing the trust of the average citizen. They are getting or many have gotten the attitude that they are above the citizens rather than a citizen themselves with the profession of a law enforcement officer.

So, why are you "former LEO" instead of "current LEO" or "retired leo"? :popcorn:

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You're going to love this...after 11 years I realized I HATE POLITICS!!! Civilians think they have it bad having big brother in their lives, try LE...it's worse. Plus a oppurtunity became available to me to start my own business. Love it

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You're going to love this...after 11 years I realized I HATE POLITICS!!! Civilians think they have it bad having big brother in their lives, try LE...it's worse. Plus a oppurtunity became available to me to start my own business. Love it

And yes I still carry almost all the time

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Hey I'm a firm believer in "an armed society is a friendly society"
    Buy hey when a employer says no one is to carry on their property....

If your employer told you that you cant carry at work, are you going to carry because it's your right?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    No Sir, that's not what I am sayingat all. All I am saying is in a hypothetical situation as active shooter gets shot by a armed individual in civilian attire, when law enforcement arrives and said armed individual (not the active shooter), is observed standing there with a gun in his hand (you could be in with the active shooter), just because the "good guy" says I'm the good guy doesn't mean a hill of beans, at that moment and those moments go by very quickly. And the way some of these younger cops are you MIGHT get shoot yourself. And 2 to the chest and one to the head is kinda difficult to survive.
    Think about it..everything is chaotice, shots have been fored, people shot and injured and 1 man (the hero in this case), but they don'tknow this, standing there with a smoking gun.

Just to let you all know, I believe that in general LE departments nowadays are becoming too paramilitary and losing the trust of the average citizen. They are getting or many have gotten the attitude that they are above the citizens rather than a citizen themselves with the profession of a law enforcement officer.

So what you're saying is that you are against any civilians carrying a gun.

Nice.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hey I'm a firm believer in "an armed society is a friendly society"
    Buy hey when a employer says no one is to carry on their property....

If your employer told you that you cant carry at work, are you going to carry because it's your right?

We are not talking about employers and employees. We are talking about a place of business where no laws are being broken by a LTCH holder being in possession of a loaded firearm. There is a very big difference.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    For gods sake folks...No, where id you get the thought I don't think people should carry?
    A business has the right to not allow patrons to carry! Even though I disagree with that, those are the rules, just as your employer may tell you the same!!!
    I NEVER made anyone return their firearm to their car, just asked them to cover it up to avoid hassels, which they happily agreed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well let me give you an opinion form ex military and LE officer point ofview. Lets say some nutcase decides to go on a rampage. You care close and defend yourself..the police get ther within seconds. They see 1 or multiple shot and down and your standing there with a gun in your hand. Guess what..you're the active shooter.
    I understand wanting to carry, I do all the time, especially in that area, but whats the issue of having to unload at your car or inside the building and then having reloading once outside? The security at the fairgrounds are well aware of the area and hire many law enforcement to work outside all over during the property.

Plus technically you would be breaking the law because a person other than Federal State or Local Law Enforcement are allowed to have loaded firearms on state property. But they do understand the nature of the beast (gubshows..no pun intended) and allow pople to carry during gun shows (unloaded).

Indiana Code: 80 IAC 4-4-4

Part I always got a laugh of was the fact that you're in the middle of the ghetto and there are thousands of good ole' boys walking around with all kinds of firearms...kinda funny

I used to work security for a major grocery store part-time when off duty. Some individuals would come in to shop with the gun hanging on the hip, shirt tucked in behind it. I would ask them politely if they would just cover it up (company policy was no firearms). I'd get the usual "I've got a permit" or "it's my constitutional right" responses. I would then ask them again to cover it up or they can leave and take it out to the car. I wasn't trying to be a hard ass but for my own protection and safety of others, i'd like to know I'm the only one in the store with a firearm in case anythng went down and i don't shoot the wrong person that might think he's trying to help.

This was my favorite line. Wait for it "that's not what I meant"

You are wrong, I am a strong suporter of the 2nd.

Your words belie you.

For gods sake folks...No, where id you get the thought I don't think people should carry?
    A business has the right to not allow patrons to carry! Even though I disagree with that, those are the rules, just as your employer may tell you the same!!!
    I NEVER made anyone return their firearm to their car, just asked them to cover it up to avoid hassels, which they happily agreed.

So, as a paid employee, you ignored the private property owners wishes, yet, you say that you believe in property rights.

On another subject
    Shirts=CC/disarm.
    Skins=OC/don't disarm.
    Tube tops=CC rather than disarm.

Last edited:

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Yep at that time I made a judgement call. If you don't like it don't know what to tell you. See you try to be nice to a fellow and everyone wants to argue and give you a hard time about it. I suppose I would have been better off telling individuals "take it to your car, if you don't like it shop somewhere else" Either way not everyone is going to be happy.

So as to the OP about bringing a loaded firearm into the gun show (concealed), even though the rules are not to and you are better than that..go ahead and bring it in.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom