• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm always amused when I see someone OCing at the 1500 with an orange zip tie through their gun. It's kinda like turning a bull into a steer.

It is a fact that a gelding is much more manageable than a stallion.

That is the liberal/progressive/tyrant's agenda.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    CC and keep your mouth shut, they are not patting people down or wanding them

Thats not cool!!!

Just carry the ammo in another pocket. Think how many other people that are just too cool to follw the rules and he might be the one that doesn't know gun safety and KABOOM!!! Just like the last show where a older gentlemen pointed his loaded handgun at a Police Officer..to unload it.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thats not cool!!!
    Bull****.

Disarming at a crowded event in a bad part of town when it is not legally required is "not cool".

Edit:

Actually, I'm not going to use your vernacular. "Coolness" is irrelavent.

Disarming at a crowded event in a bad part of town when it is not legally required is just plain stupid.

Last edited:

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Well let me give you an opinion form ex military and LE officer point ofview. Lets say some nutcase decides to go on a rampage. You care close and defend yourself..the police get ther within seconds. They see 1 or multiple shot and down and your standing there with a gun in your hand. Guess what..you're the active shooter.
    I understand wanting to carry, I do all the time, especially in that area, but whats the issue of having to unload at your car or inside the building and then having reloading once outside? The security at the fairgrounds are well aware of the area and hire many law enforcement to work outside all over during the property.

Plus technically you would be breaking the law because a person other than Federal State or Local Law Enforcement are allowed to have loaded firearms on state property. But they do understand the nature of the beast (gubshows..no pun intended) and allow pople to carry during gun shows (unloaded).

Indiana Code: 80 IAC 4-4-4

Part I always got a laugh of was the fact that you're in the middle of the ghetto and there are thousands of good ole' boys walking around with all kinds of firearms...kinda funny

I used to work security for a major grocery store part-time when off duty. Some individuals would come in to shop with the gun hanging on the hip, shirt tucked in behind it. I would ask them politely if they would just cover it up (company policy was no firearms). I'd get the usual "I've got a permit" or "it's my constitutional right" responses. I would then ask them again to cover it up or they can leave and take it out to the car. I wasn't trying to be a hard ass but for my own protection and safety of others, i'd like to know I'm the only one in the store with a firearm in case anythng went down and i don't shoot the wrong person that might think he's trying to help.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well let me give you an opinion form ex military and LE officer point ofview. Lets say some nutcase decides to go on a rampage. You care close and defend yourself..the police get ther within seconds. They see 1 or multiple shot and down and your standing there with a gun in your hand. Guess what..you're the active shooter.
    I understand wanting to carry, I do all the time, especially in that area, but whats the issue of having to unload at your car or inside the building and then having reloading once outside? The security at the fairgrounds are well aware of the area and hire many law enforcement to work outside all over during the property.
    Part I always got a laugh of was the fact that you're in the middle of the ghetto and there are thousands of good ole' boys walking around with all kinds of firearms...kinda funny

I used to work security for a major grocery store part-time when off duty. Some individuals would come in to shop with the gun hanging on the hip, shirt tucked in behind it. I would ask them politely if they would just cover it up (company policy was no firearms). I'd get the usual "I've got a permit" or "it's my constitutional right" responses. I would then ask them again to cover it up or they can leave and take it out to the car. I wasn't trying to be a hard ass but for my own protection and safety of others, i'd like to know I'm the only one in the store with a firearm in case anythng went down and i don't shoot the wrong person that might think he's trying to help.
    So full of fail I'm not sure where to begin.

Give me a few...

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    It's private property the can regulate that. But I was understanding as long as they covered them up. Gotta remember, many other shoppers don't know you from the next person and older people get a little nervous seeing someone in plainclothes walking around a grocery store with a gun hanging out.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No, I am not. I am the one taking responsibility for my own safety. I'm also NOT one of a thousand people who just INSTANTLY REGRETTED disarming at the door.

I understand wanting to carry, I do all the time, especially in that area, but whats the issue of having to unload at your car or inside the building and then having reloading once outside?
    The fact that I would be horribly unprepared for any number of scenarios, including the one you described above.

The security at the fairgrounds are well aware of the area and hire many law enforcement to work outside all over during the property.
    I feel safer already... :rolleyes:

All of which you'd prefer be unloaded.

I used to work security for a major grocery store part-time when off duty. Some individuals would come in to shop with the gun hanging on the hip, shirt tucked in behind it. I would ask them politely if they would just cover it up (company policy was no firearms). I'd get the usual "I've got a permit" or "it's my constitutional right" responses. I would then ask them again to cover it up or they can leave and take it out to the car.
    None of your damn business, and you should have been ashamed of this behavior... PERIOD!

I wasn't trying to be a hard ass but for my own protection and safety of others, i'd like to know I'm the only one in the store with a firearm in case anythng went down
    You sir, are an enemy of the 2nd amendment.

Make up your mind. Did you "understanding as long as they covered them up", or would you "like to know you're the only one in the store with a firearm in case anythng went down"?

Plus technically you would be breaking the law because a person other than Federal State or Local Law Enforcement are allowed to have loaded firearms on state property. But they do understand the nature of the beast (gubshows..no pun intended) and allow pople to carry during gun shows (unloaded).

Let's have a look at that code shall we?

80 IAC 4-4-4 Deadly weapons prohibited
    Authority: IC 15-13-2-9
    Affected: IC 15-13-2; IC 15-13-7
    Sec. 4. (a) This rule does not apply to a federal, state, or local law enforcement officer or to a person who has been employed
    or authorized by the state fair commission to provide security protection and services during the annual state fair.
    Indiana Administrative Code Page 9
    GENERAL OPERATIONS
    (b) No person in possession of a deadly weapon shall be permitted onto or be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds during
    the annual state fair.

(c) Any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair is subject
    to immediate confiscation by law enforcement officers or other persons authorized by the executive director of the state fair
    commission.
    (d) Any person properly licensed to carry a firearm must secure the firearm in a locked compartment of his or her vehicle,
    and it shall not be visible to passersby. (State Fair Commission; 80 IAC 4-4-4; filed Jul 7, 2003, 3:15 p.m.: 26 IR 3538; readopted
    filed Oct 4, 2007, 10:29 a.m.: 20071024-IR-080070451RFA; readopted filed Sep 18, 2013, 2:12 p.m.: 20131016-IR

Emphasis mine. :)

Last edited:

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If they covered them up I was good with that, but i did like knowing I was the only one armed in case anything did happen. If an incident did occur, a robbery for example and )someone trying to help) popped up with a gun*** lets just say BAD MOJO.
    look I understand and respect everyones right to carry and protect theselves but in the wrong situation that could possibly get you mistaken for the bad guy!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

It's private property the can regulate that. But I was understanding as long as they covered them up. Gotta remember, many other shoppers don't know you from the next person and older people get a little nervous seeing someone in plainclothes walking around a grocery store with a gun hanging out.

Really, just stop. You aren't making it any better.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You are wrong, I am a strong suporter of the 2nd.

If they covered them up I was good with that, but i did like knowing I was the only one armed in case anything did happen. If an incident did occur, a robbery for example and )someone trying to help) popped up with a gun*** lets just say BAD MOJO.
    look I understand and respect everyones right to carry and protect theselves but in the wrong situation that could possibly get you mistaken for the bad guy!

Well, make up my mind.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm not here to get in a pissing match with you. someone asked if he could carry into the show and no you can't. then someone responded, basically, if they don't know who cares. The rules are there for a reason, if you want to break them it your choice. If you have to ask if you are patted down, there must be a reason. I realize people always want to bend the rules so they can be one up on others..thats your right.
    it's a Honor System, if you want to break it go ahead.

As in the first post I made about you being accidently mistaken as a active shooter...to the police at that point , yes you are suspect and you'll go downtown till things get sorted out. ALL they see are numerous victims and you standing there with a gun!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm not here to get in a pissing match with you. someone asked if he could carry into the show and no you can't. then someone responded, basically, if they don't know who cares. The rules are there for a reason, if you want to break them it your choice. If you have to ask if you are patted down, there must be a reason. I realize people always want to bend the rules so they can be one up on others..thats your right.
    it's a Honor System, if you want to break it go ahead.

As in the first post I made about you being accidently mistaken as a active shooter...to the police at that point , yes you are suspect and you'll go downtown till things get sorted out. ALL they see are numerous victims and you standing there with a gun!

So in your eyes it's better for the actual shooter to kill a lot more people waiting on the cops to get there? Well, I believe the part about you being a LEO anyway.

Top Bottom