• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I haven't been to a 1500 in about 10 years. Is it worth the hassle to carry if I have to clear my gun and whatever other nonsense they ask you to do? Leave it in the car? Leave it at home?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The only advantage to carrying around an empty gun is if you want to get accessories for it. I took my S&W model 10 into the Valpo show unloaded to look for a holster. (Didn't find one either. There doesn't seem to be anything in between the $15 crap holsters and the $75 primo holsters.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't been to a 1500 in about 10 years. Is it worth the hassle to carry if I have to clear my gun and whatever other nonsense they ask you to do? Leave it in the car? Leave it at home?

Take it, clear it, do not leave it in the car. Thieves paradise out there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Take it, clear it, do not leave it in the car. Thieves paradise out there.

Good point, CM.

When I went to the Valpo show, there was a big jar at the door that you had to unload your gun into. I'm assuming that since there was all sorts of mixed-caliber ammo in there, you could not get it back when you left. I went back to the car and unloaded there, since I had six rounds of SD ammo that I didn't really want to give up.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is one of the reasons I haven't been going lately. I hate leaving the mags in the car and carrying empty. Something wrong with a gun show that is anti-gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is one of the reasons I haven't been going lately. I hate leaving the mags in the car and carrying empty. Something wrong with a gun show that is anti-gun.

I am with you on this but just watch the butt heads and A$$ hats (not all but enough of them) that are wielding guns around willy-nilly. There are enough AD's as it is. Sad when they have to dis-arm for the safety of the general public.....:dunno:

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    yeah..it is so crowded in there, you can just assume that any kind of AD is going to kill someone. And not everyone with a permit has the right discipline to be carrying. Better safe than sorry.

-Brian

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If we cannot be trusted to carry safely at a GUN SHOW, how can we expect the general public to believe that we can be trusted to carry outside of our own homes?

If "no loaded guns" improves our safety, then it should apply everywhere, not just at a gun show.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    If we cannot be trusted to carry safely at a GUN SHOW, how can we expect the general public to believe that we can be trusted to carry outside of our own homes?

If "no loaded guns" improves our safety, then it should apply everywhere, not just at a gun show.

I agree. The organizers certainly present an argument to be used against us.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

This point is made with every 1500 and I still don't understand it. The situations aren't the same at all. Where else do you have thousands of people handling guns at the same time, too often pointing them at others because there really isn't a safe direction? It seems that about every second 1500 has a ND even with the no live carry rule because some people think that the rule really doesn't apply to them. I'd hate to think how many NDs they would have if everyone was carrying live. When we carry loaded guns outside the 1500, we aren't continuously handling them. In fact they only leave your holster in case of emergency, at the range or to put away at night.

Top Bottom