• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a chance to buy a NIB Howa 1500 bolt gun in .204 Ruger with a green Hogue stock, and an unknown scope, for $350 + transfer fees.

I've wanted a .204, mostly because I don't have one yet:D

How good is Howa? Heard of them, never owned one.

Seller says it lists for $375 minus the scope. Anyone know anymore?

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I've heard the Howa's are good guns and are the same (or very similar) as the Weatherby Vanguard rifles. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Sounds like a good deal to me.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Good guns

I also believe the Weatherby Vanguard is/was a Howa. We have a Howa 1500 VS (varminter supreme) in .223 and, after several thousand rounds of prairie dog shooting, it still shoots very well. Had some trigger work done on it but other than that, it's box-stock. According to Legacy Sports, the Howa distributor, the 1500 VS with laminated stock has a MSRP of $679. How used is the gun?

Howahttp://www.legacysports.com/products/howa/

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I also believe the Weatherby Vanguard is/was a Howa. We have a Howa 1500 VS (varminter supreme) in .223 and, after several thousand rounds of prairie dog shooting, it still shoots very well. Had some trigger work done on it but other than that, it's box-stock. According to Legacy Sports, the Howa distributor, the 1500 VS with laminated stock has a MSRP of $679. How used is the gun?

Howa

This is BRAND NEW in the box! It was a raffle win that the guy just really doesn't want:D

I looked on GunBroker, Auction Arms, GunsAmerica,... closest I could find was about $485.

I'm not sure what model it is. Just that it is the Howa, Green stock, in .204 Ruger, and it is wearing some unknown glass (also new!):D

I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon, along with the second(pink) Cricket rifle for my giveaway:rockwoot:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    If it means anything,Les Johnson, of Predator Quest cable tv coyote hunting show uses Howa rifles, in .204, 22-250. Made some good shots with them.Maybe you can go to Shooting USA.COM, they did a show on Legacy International and talked about the Howa rifles.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If it means anything,Les Johnson, of Predator Quest cable tv coyote hunting show uses Howa rifles, in .204, 22-250. Made some good shots with them.Maybe you can go to Shooting USA.COM, they did a show on Legacy International and talked about the Howa rifles.

THANKS for that! I appreciate it. I'm getting more excited about it every minute.

This was a raffle win from one of the recent FNRA banquets, and I did NOT get a good look at it. A friend won it, and wants something else. I JOKINGLY asked him what he wanted for it. The price SOUNDED right, and he's a good friend, and an FFL holder so I know he has an idea what it is worth.

I know he's giving me a nice deal, I just really don't know HOW nice until tomorrow. Feels kinda like Christmas eve!:D

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Sounds like an awesome deal to me. Congrats. The guy across the road from me shoots a .204, and his pasture behind his hen house is littered with yote carcasses. Flat shooter for sure.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    i have a howa 1500 varminter supreme in .308. one of the best triggers i've experienced out of the box. if the one you are looking at came from the factory with the scope it is likely a nikko stirling scope - that is what howa ships the scoped rifle package with. howas are built on a weatherby vanguard action. also the same as a s&w 1500 rifle action. these rifles also use remington 700 scope bases if you ever have a need to switch the ones that come on it out with another brand/style.

sounds like a good deal to me, snatch it up if you like it! :ar15:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    i have a howa 1500 varminter supreme in .308. one of the best triggers i've experienced out of the box. if the one you are looking at came from the factory with the scope it is likely a nikko stirling scope - that is what howa ships the scoped rifle package with. howas are built on a weatherby vanguard action. also the same as a s&w 1500 rifle action. these rifles also use remington 700 scope bases if you ever have a need to switch the ones that come on it out with another brand/style.

sounds like a good deal to me, snatch it up if you like it! :ar15:

Rep's for the info.

I JUST picked it up, and you are correct.

It is a Howa M-1500 Varminter in .204 Ruger w/green over-molded Hogue stock, a 3-10X42 Nikko Stirling Platinum Nighteater scope, AND a Buffalo River case, ALL BRAND NEW, and ALL for $350!:rockwoot:
    Now all I need is to find a deal on some ammo, and some coyotes!

Top Bottom