• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    I have a Sig P229 in .357 that I love. It came with a .40 S&W barrel and I picked up a factory .357 barrel off the web for $100. That was $100 well spent as that pistol came alive.

I really like the ballistics of the .357 out to 100 yards. Like you said it is loud, but I haven't noticed any muzzle flash. It really does stir things up when you start poping .357's at the range. I also like the blast for the demoralizing factor, if you have to use it to defend yourself. Any edge over the bad guy works.

I like the .357 so much, that I only use the .40 barrel for practice since .40 is much cheaper to shoot.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i would like to own a 357 sig barrel for my G22, but i can never bring myself to buy one because then i would have to buy brass... and then i would just end up eating into my 9mm reloading components.... right now with the shortages and prices the way they are i am really only realoading the four major calibers i shoot, and not wasting my components on my "fun" guns.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a Glock 20 that really handles the 10m round well. I like the versatility of the 10mm because you can shoot loads that are very hot all the way down to .40 performance. I don't reload, so cost is a factor. It cost me about $35 for a box of doubletap ammo.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have a Glock 32 in the 357 sig. It's probably my favorite of all my glocks. I'm actually looking to buy a Glock 33 to carry and replace my 26 or 27. If I ever find a Glock 20 or 29 in 10mm for a good price I'll probably buy one as well.
    My Sheriff's Department is looking to replace our duty weapons in the next year or two and we've looked at the 357 sig pretty hard but with the price of the ammo we'll probably stick with the 45.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I love my Glock 33 and would put it up against any other gun for reliability and accuracy (for a small gun) It has many rounds through it and will have many more under my ownership. I have owned 2 10mm guns and loved them both. A Star Megastar and a Glock 20.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's probably the higher pressure, I think the USP Compact in .357 Sig has a stronger recoil spring because of it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Now don't hold me to this guys but I think you can get barrels for HK, S&W M&P and maybe even Springfield XD. And yes I love my G-33 too it shoots every bit as good as its big brothers!
    You can for USP and USPc, not sure about the others.

For the compact, as far as I've heard, you just need a new barrel and magazine(it might use the .40 mag actually)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My brother-in-law carries a Sig 229 in .357 Sig as his duty weapon, and a 226 in the same as his off-duty carry.

I've shot both of his firearms, as well as someone's G31 or 32 at Pop Gun's one afternoon.

It IS a burner round and has, at least to me, impressive ballistics. Recoil on the Glock was much less than I anticipated, recoil from the Sig229 was more than I anticipated.

Personally, I don't think that I want anything chambered in it. I don't even have any more in .40S&W either, though...

My BIL has also at least read the AAR and/or talked to the Air Marshalls who were involved in the shooting of that guy in FL 4-5 years ago... (guy turned out to be unstable and off his meds; said something about a bomb (after they'd landed), reached into his carry-on, and was rewarded with 7 out of 8 125gr Speer Gold Dot JHPs for his troubles.) BIL said that one round hit him in the wrist and nearly took his hand off as the projectile shattered his wrist.

If I were LEO...I'd absolutely carry one if I could.

Other BIL carries a 1911 in .45ACP on duty, and yet another BIL carries a G21 as his duty.

-J-

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom