• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Hello everyone, I'm still looking for some boxes of federal bulk 22lr ammo. I had some, but then I went to the range with my 22lr and you know what happened next.

I'd like to buy a fair amount if anyone knows where there is some in the Fort Wayne area. I used to have good luck at the Walmarts, but that was a long time ago.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Around central Indiana it appears to be about the same as the past few months. You can find it on shelves, but it doesn't stay there very long. Its all about timing.

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I have had hit or miss luck in Bloomington with .22lr. I have found some at the local MC sports (american eagle) but they did not have any today when i was there. The last time i was at Wal-Mart it looked as if they had about 10 boxes of the federal but there was such a line there i didnt have time to wait to pick some up good luck finding some

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well the walmart at jefferson pointe had remington bulk, but no federal. I'm only after the federal. :(

Glockman1989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    I haven't even seen a 22 brick since Obumma got it. There was one store had .22 bricks but only would sell it one box of 50 at a time. :xmad:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Got plenty down here in So. IND.

Rural King, Wal-Mart, Gander, lots of places.

In fact, never really had much of a shortage down here, far as I can tell...

at least not in .22LR.

I went to Wal-Mart a few times now and bought out their entire stock of 9mm (when they had it) on two occasions, though. They never seem to stock more than 10 boxes at a time, and only allow six at once. Three cheers for having a fianceé.

So, this notion of the most common caliber ever made being in short supply is kinda perplexing to me.

I'm still waiting for .380 to drop....

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Last Friday I found bulk packs at the Rensselaer Walmart. Federal, Remington, and I think I saw Winchester hiding in the shotgun shells all brands around $16.50 per 550 rounds.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just received twelve 525 rnd boxes of Federal plus three free dry boxes from Cabela's. Even with the haz mat fee it was worth it and I got the free dry boxes.

Could you post a link to where that's listed on Cabelas website?

I wouldn't mind ordering something from Cabelas so I have an excuse to throw in some 22LR tracers. I've never shot them, but I'm curious.

gunfun101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    I havn't seen any at Brazil or Greencastle Walmarts for over a month now. Although it is at the local gun stores, they are over priced ($25/500) and I just can't bring myself to pay it.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    The New Castle walmart has the 550rd bulk packs of Remington golden bullet .22LR plated hollow point in stock, as well as some winchester variety.

$16 a box.

Top Bottom