Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Nah, the red wave that turned into a trickle had nothing to do with reproductive rights.

And?

States deciding for themselves on the question of abortion. Exactly what Dobbs restored
    I think this in response to some on here (I may have unintentionally been one of them) implying that Republicans' poorer-than-expected performance yesterday was not related to abortion.

As much as I think that the media exaggerates the GOP's opposition to abortion in order to drum up the left, I do recognize that the perception that the vote for GOP was a vote for a national abortion ban had to have been a big factor in the election. The fact is that there is a sizable portion of our country's population that see abortion as a sacred right, something they want to see enshrined in federal law. These people would not more like to see states deciding for themselves on abortion than we would like to see states deciding whether or not to respect 2A rights.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So if the game is rigged, what's the solution?

Complaining on INGO or Facebook does nothing. The media doesn't care. The judicial branch doesn't care. So what do we do? Because stomping feet and complaining the game is rigged doesn't change squat.
    It is a tough question and task. However we have no other option but to do as you suggest to initially get the positions and then level the playing field. We need folks that will level that playing field. Republicans need a law force to counter the dems force headed up by Mark Elias.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Understood, but the difference to me would be I doubt there would be some dark organization pulling the republican vegetable's strings but I believe there will be a machine pulling Fetterman's strings

I believe so because the Will Rogers quote about belonging to no organized party now applies best to republicans, there is no machine there
    Correct about there being "no Republican machine." Historically the GOP was content with two puzzle pieces, the Pentagon and Corporations, and let the Dems handle "all the rest." Now, the "all the rest" portion of the Fed.Gov has grown so large that the Republicans' two pieces have defected and gone over to the other side. The GOP is pretty much left with only a shrinking, ragtag coalition of rank-and-file Religious Dominionists, Constitutional Originalists, and pragmatic parents who are angry at public schools as their base. Organized religion gets less popular year after year, the "Abortion Coupon" has been fully-spent, increasingly Americans see the Constitution as an obstacle to what they want, rather than an enabler, and sufficient opt-out alternatives to public schools exist that these issues can no longer pull together an election-winning coalition of people at the national level.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The days of voting fraud by suitcases full of ballots are over. The voting fraud is more sophisticated now and will be more sophisticated with every election from now on.
    It will take a miracle in congress to ever have election integrity again.

There is no integrity.

There will be no integrity.

Shut the ****ing central state down, dissolve it, and call it a day.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I don’t vote strait-ticket but this year (for the first time ever) every vote I cast went to a Democrat.

If you are interested, these are my top reasons:

1) Donald Trump. Specifically his role in undermining the legitimacy of the electoral process. He single-handedly made denying the results of an election a viable political strategy. Until the Republican Party can squirm it’s way out of his grip I won’t vote for anyone that props up his ability to gain or hold power.

2) The democrats are the only party talking about governing. The Republican platform, in regards to actual governing, boils down to “Democrats bad, tax cuts for the wealthy good” and, while they are really good at pointing out the problems with democrats, they have no viable alternative to offer…remember how they were going to “repeal and replace” Obamacare, when when they had both houses of congress and the Oval Office they couldn’t even offer a workable set of ideas.

3) The Republican social platform…which gets most of the press attention anymore, is not aligned with my views and values in the slightest. Abortion, sure, that’s part of it…but only a part. I’m pro-union, I’m pro immigration, I prefer international diplomacy over nationalism and political tribalism. The republicans score low on these points in my accounting.

4) The economy. I don’t blame Biden and the national Democrats for our current woes, this is a global economic reckoning, caused by market manipulations occurring on an international scale at unimaginable volume and velocity…one that wont be cured by handing out tax cuts to a few wealthy donors.

So the democrats got all my votes this time. It sounds like the ”red wave” may have been tempered by the number of Americans with motivations similar to mine. If the republicans want my vote they need to develop a platform built on results-driven policy and stop acting like (and nominating) authoritarian buffoons to represent them.
    This helps explain the propensity of some to vote for literal brain damaged senate candidates.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Convention of States is the only way back to a Republic that is For the People By the People. Indiana is signed up already. Correct me if I’m wrong but there are 19 of 33 States signed up. This is how we take the Country back! The power must be given back to the States not the Federal Government!!
    Your fellow countrymen just voted a brain damaged guy into the Senate to compliment the dementia addled president they elected two years ago, and you want to trust them with rewriting the constitution. You're as insane as Fetterman voters.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Cope from red team media, sorry to say.

90% of Americans rated inflation their top concern, then marched right to the polls and voted for more.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Some of these things become bigger than just a senate race. Purity or practicality? Purity says that a candidate is not fit for office even if he is more politically aligned with one’s beliefs. Practicality says the vote may be the choice between Schumer and McConnell. I usually believe in the practicality over purity.

IMHO, nothing Young did rose to the level of electing another Schumer vote. Every race is its own decision.
    That's a lot of words to say you'd vote for a brain damaged Young to keep control of the Senate.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Cope from red team media, sorry to say.

90% of Americans rated inflation their top concern, then marched right to the polls and voted for more.
    I wouldn't go quite that far. I do think the House will flip. Still a chance at 51 in the senate.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This is all true. I see a big lack of discernment or obtuseness in comments here often.

Take the CNN comment, I do not believe much of anything CNN reports, their proven failures on collusion, pee pee tapes etc. are legendary, but discernment is recognizing that the 73% number is likely accurate though for different reasons among the dissatisfied respondents…
    Given that it's CNN, the number is likely much higher than 73%...

Top Bottom