• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I stumbled upon this website by accident, pretty darn interesting. It is a website that attempts to track, identify, and cross reference every gun used in every movie. Not sure how successful they are, but its pretty darn interesting.

LINK => Main Page - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Type in a gun name and it will find the gun you are looking for, cross reference it with the movie the gun was used it, and even identify the actor that used the gun.

You can also search by actor or film name, so if you know the actor in a film you can find the gun he/she used in the film by searching the actor or the movie. The site also catalogs TV shows in addition to movies.

The one caveat that I will submit is that if you spell the gun differently than the very specific way they have it catalogued then you won't necessarily get very good results. For example I collect Detonics Combat Master pistols but they have them as Combatmasters. The search still works, but you get different results with different spellings. It seems to be very similar to the way Wikipedia works and the software seems to be similar. Try different searches and you will probably end up with good results.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have had a lot of fun with this site in the past.

I found it because I was looking for the pistol that Fred Dryer used in the TV series Hunter. It was driving me nuts because I couldn't figure it out. Seems that they had a comp on the front and that was what threw me off.

Good site though. Will take them a while to catch up to IMDB, but they are well on the way.

Top Bottom