Interesting insight into the election of BHO.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    "The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America .

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

~ Unknown

Interesting indeed.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Interesting indeed.

THIS is why, althought I hate to admit it all is lost. We have too many ignorant, lazy leeches here in America who's only concern is when their next handout is coming in the mail. We have an education system that breeds this kind of ignorance on purpose, so there is no way we can turn it around. We are broke, and don't have the time to fix it before it all comes crumbling down.

:twocents:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    In my lifetime we survived Johnson, Carter, and (the biggest criminal IMO) Clinton. We will survive this guy although I believe the damage he has caused is worse than the previous ones mentioned combined.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    THIS is why, althought I hate to admit it all is lost. We have too many ignorant, lazy leeches here in America who's only concern is when their next handout is coming in the mail. We have an education system that breeds this kind of ignorance on purpose, so there is no way we can turn it around. We are broke, and don't have the time to fix it before it all comes crumbling down.

Really? Have you truly given up? I hope you are not intending to end it all because this post leaves the feeling that all is hopeless.

Let me tell you, it is not. You need to read the history of this country and see what it has survived in the past. The civil war of the mid 1800s would make this look like a cake walk. We survived that.

Positive attitude is needed to sway others away from incompetence and get the parties to nominate Americans who believe in what this country truly stands for.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Hope is never lost, it just changes, fundamentally changes.

From: "I hope my children grow up to be successful, productive members of a free & open society" to: "I hope my children won't starve to death under a totalitarian & tyrannical regime".

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    People though the same before Reagan.......we came out of that in pretty good shape.

No I suppose I haven't totally given up, and I do hope it will be corrected.

The main problem I see now compared to examples posted above is, people back then had a work ethic, you worked to provide FOR YOURSELF, not relying on someone else, or the government to take care of you. You worked, or you starved to death or you stole what you needed. None of that really exists today, a large precentage that is growing larger everyday has no desire to provide for themselves. Alot are incapable of it. And what is worse... they don't care.

Back them we were not broke, down maybe but not broke. We had the luxury of time to work on correcting the problems. We do not now. We need drastic cuts in EVERYTHING right now, not 6 months form now, and not starting in Janurary of 2013. That means SS recipients will have to take a hit as will Medicare/Medicad recipients. The military will have to be slashed too. All forms of welfare will have to be phased out. You will HAVE to become a contributing member of society, sorry life sucks. This 2 or 4 Trillion reduction over 10 years is a joke, it needs to be massive, and it has to be NOW. Anything other than massive reductions now is mearly kicking the can down the road... AGAIN.

Does anyone think the American people can be convinced about all this? IMO there would be riots everywhere. One look at the animals in New Orleans after Katrina is a perfect example.

Another thing is, we have no Reagan now. We have no true leaders, only followers of polling numbers.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hope is not lost, but the OP does illustrate a very good point, as do some of the subsequent replies.

In the name of progress, we've:

a) Made it increasingly easier to survive without contributing via social welfare programs and made it harder to survive as a contributor via increasing tax burdons and exponentially increasing medical costs

b) Propogated the principle that it isn't whether you win or lose, just that you participated in the game, or at least thought about participating

c) Regulated our education system to the point that we're encouraging mediocrity, by ignoring underperformance and not rewarding excellence so long as everyone at least manages to graduate to the next grade level

d) Systematically removed all moral fiber from our education system, replacing it with an "anything goes" mantra that accepts what was traditionally considered antisocial behavior only a few decades before

e) Created an economy built on money we didn't have, backed up by no real physical assets, and encouraged a buy now, pay later approach to get what we want when we want it

f) Allowed our media outlets to tell us how to think, who to vote for, and to distrust authority because everything they do is just another attempt by the man to keep you down

g) Celebrated an entertainment industry that continually uses sex, drugs, foul language, and violence to be "cool" at the same time mocking people that chose to have one sexual partner, abstain from illicit drugs, speak in correct grammar, and chose to be kind to others.

Do I need to go on?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The problem is that most people judge according to the "D", "R", or "I" behind the name, instead of judging according to true righteousness. No, the rules prevent me from really getting into this, but give me a righteous man or woman, without education, money, or connections over anyone who is out to achieve their own desires, any day. If you ask most if they would vote for a righteous Dem they would most likely try to joke that there aren't any, but would not answer the question. Give me righteousness and that doesn't mean perfection.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    The problem is that most people judge according to the "D", "R", or "I" behind the name, instead of judging according to true righteousness. No, the rules prevent me from really getting into this, but give me a righteous man or woman, without education, money, or connections over anyone who is out to achieve their own desires, any day. If you ask most if they would vote for a righteous Dem they would most likely try to joke that there aren't any, but would not answer the question. Give me righteousness and that doesn't mean perfection.

In other words, someone with a strong moral foundation. Our form of self government will not work without it. And that does NOT mean one has to be a Bible thumping zealot either. We all truly know what is right and wrong, even if some choose to dance around the fact.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think that piece of:poop: obama will win again, cause 47% of AMERICANS don't pay taxes & millions of lazy people are collecting WELFARE, & UNEMPLOYMENT , those people aren't going to vote against him:xmad:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I think that piece of:poop: obama will win again, cause 47% of AMERICANS don't pay taxes & millions of lazy people are collecting WELFARE, & UNEMPLOYMENT , those people aren't going to vote against him:xmad:

Fortunately, most of those people won't vote at all. That's the only cool thing about lazy people. They are usually too lazy to go out and vote for the guy who enables their comfortable, lazy lifestyle.

Stupid people still vote, though...:noway:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

We do have a chance. The Appleseed Project is working to reawaken the American Spirit in this country. Project Appleseed Home It is only too late if people sit on the sidelines and watch it implode...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Fortunately, most of those people won't vote at all. That's the only cool thing about lazy people. They are usually too lazy to go out and vote for the guy who enables their comfortable, lazy lifestyle.

Stupid people still vote, though...:noway:

I beg to differ. The lazy people watch enough TV to know which candidate promised them more free crap.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We do have a chance. The Appleseed Project is working to reawaken the American Spirit in this country. Project Appleseed Home It is only too late if people sit on the sidelines and watch it implode...
    You beat me to it PeaShooter. You can't change other people directly. You have to educate them. (and I don't mean send them to more school) When I read the OP I thought it was a satirical way of expressing the mission statement of the Appleseed Project.

Top Bottom