• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Can't say when, can't say where, but it was this year.

Our government spent a fortune on some stuff they will never use. I had the joy of visiting a customer who has warehoused the H1N1 emergency medical shelters because they didn't want to use the hospitals, directional signs, decon supplies, cold storage equipment, medical supplies and gear for the response to the expected disaster. They even had trailers and some other special equipment. All paid for by the feds or state.

Based on my evaluation, they had enough supplies in the buiding to treat and care for 2 to 3 thousand..........We even paid for the security cameras, electronic locks and random security inspections on the facility.....

Most of this stuff will now sit around and go to waste.:xmad: It appears each county in Indiana has similar supplies issued to them. Some more, some less depending on the population I can tell you, it did pass inspection when the DHS showed up in the tricked out suburbans to do inventory not long ago.

I was not aware of the extent of the government preparing for this event.

The other thing that got me was the brand new command vehicle with 300 miles on it and very few engine hours on the generator that was part of the "supplies for the the event" The vehicle has not left the fenced grounds of this site since it arrived in the middle of the night last winter...... I was told not to share the location, because the general public does not know it exists. Does this mean, there are 92 of these vehicles in Indiana?

I was very impressed with the radios and data links in the unit.

Should I also watch my dogs for posting this?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    it also had 3 dozen pelican cases locked in wire mesh security cabinets. These were 30 by 15 by 36 inches or so....... Set up to be seen but not opened.....

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Theres no checks and balances on the money the the gubment spends. Im surprised its still worth something other than wiping my butt.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    will you let me in on the local when the SHTF? i'l help in taking it over when the time comes. i call one dozen of the peican boxes and the command vehicle. don't you guys worry, i have my computer wrapped in tin foil so the feds won't know a thing!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    This is nothing, a few months ago I was browsing the Gov web site for auctions and saw 10K + mobile homes, more than half were new. They were supposed to have been used for the Katrina evacuation. Some of those trailers, the last time I looked, were bid on for right around $3,000.00 and that was on a new one.

So yea, it's not surprising at all. My tax dollars are being wasted and there is little or nothing I can truly do about it. Sure, vote for the other guy, but that guy will do the same crap.

Doug

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well I think this is a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont.

1. if they bought it (obviously they did) and people find out (now they did) then people will complain about government waste (which im not saying doesnt occur A LOT)

2. If they didnt buy it and prepare and disaster strikes then people will want their heads on pikes.

3. theres no way to FULLY accomodate all of the people affected by a disaster, so all of the people who move slow or dont get a ride out are boned in the azz anyways.

so my tip for when disaster strikes ........ be prepared yourself and stay away from anyone saying they wanna help you because they will probly do more damage than good! And anytime you see guys rolling up in a convoy of new black suburbans, run like forest gump cause they might try to stick a probe up your butt!!!

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Maybe it's a false security blanket for bio-attack in general. H1N1 just so happens to be making the headlines right now. Who knows what is next. There is always some new super germ raising eyebrows. Maybe this makes those in charge feel prepared. So, when one day (hopefully that day never comes), things do get out of control, they can say "don't worry America, we have everything under control". "We have medical facilities blah blah blah..." Appeasing the sheeple thus buying themselves time to pull something out of their butts. Waste of money... more than likely. Could come in handy for those in the know if rule of law skipped the back seat and went straight for the trunk though.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    it also had 3 dozen pelican cases locked in wire mesh security cabinets. These were 30 by 15 by 36 inches or so....... Set up to be seen but not opened.....

They probably contained the most precious of all DHS resources; that without which they cannot supply aid to anyone; the key that unlocks the secret to all their power! The forms, the precious, precious forms!

In all seriousness, having dealt with those idiots on more than one occasion, they can't function without filling out a form and having three people check it for accuracy. They could have a whole warehouse full of the exact thing that you need to save lives and they don't have ability to distribute even so much as an aspirin if they don't have the correct form.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member