• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Last night when I was putting my M1 Garand in the safe and my wife says what else do you have in there. So I show her some of my surplus long rifles. Then she says before they outlaw shooting totaly you should take me shooting.
    The interesting thing is my wife isn't into guns at all and has shown no interest in going before. I took her once about 20 years ago and she had no desire to go back.
    So the next time I go shooting I'm taking my wife.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Something very similar happened to me. I've been talking with my wife about getting her LTCH and going to the range and she was just indifferent to the idea. About 3 months ago, out of the blue she decided that she needed to go to the range with me at least once a month. She has realized that things aren't what they once were and wants to be sure she can defend herself.. All I can say is thank God for small favors.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    My GF has never expressed any interest in shooting until recently. My friend called 2 months ago and wanted to head to an indoor range and she asked to tag along.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    I am very fortunate to have a wife that enjoys shooting. We try to get to a range once a month together. I just wish she did not always insist on shooting better than I do.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    For those gentlemen here that their wives are suddenly showing an interest in shooting, you are witnessing the Obama effect. Threatened rights seizures, trampling of the Constitution, arrogance in office are being met by the sudden awakening of giant once known as America.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife and her entire family were anti's when I married her. I am teaching her mother and brother to shoot this spring (soon)
    Also a sister and 2 nieces.
    I have recently taught my Sister and her daughter.
    Life is good.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Something is in the water. My very anti-carry and reluctant-gun-owning wife asked me this week to take her to the range sometime this month. Maybe reality is finally setting in with people who are traditionally gun scared? Now, if only I could get her to use her LTCH that I insisted she get last year....

-Dobber

dbiernesser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bloomington
    I am also so very blessed to have a wife that grew up shooting, hunting, fishing, and watching ESPN. I snatched her up fast. She's a NRA member for life as well!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife was not very excited to go with me to the range at first. She grew up shoot rifles and skeet shooting with her dad. She went with me to shoot the .380 and 9mm that I bought for her. After whipping my tail by shooting the X completely out of the target she is in love. She got a free ride at college on a volleyball and basket ball scholarship so she is very competitive to say the least. I had to get into reloading to be able to afford to shoot. :ar15:

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    My wife used to shoot with me before we got married , then lost interest. Today she started again . 15 years off and she can still shoot great !

LadyBearPaws

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    interesting...

I feel like the Odd Man Out here... In our house, I'm the one who LOVES to shoot, have an IN Lifetime and AZ; (so I'm good in almost all states); and Proud Owner of :)many.......but I do love my .45's and AK's. oh, well.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Sweet! I am getting my daughter a rifle for her birthday. My wife thinks I'm nuts and not much into it...but we'll see.

Make sure you start small on caliber. Saw a guy at the range hand his gf a .45 as the first thing she ever shot a month or so ago. Huge mistake.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    My birthday is in a few days. When my GF asks me what I want, I'm going to ask if she'll go to the range with me at least one time. She's extremely anti. I'm sure she'll just roll her eyes at me.

LadyBearPaws

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    When I'm talking to another Lady about guns; invariably she'll say that she doesn't like them or is afraid them. They've usually never seen one up close or even held one & are basing their feelings on Media Hype. I unload & show them one of mine; and talk about safety, protecting themselves and their kids. How training is available, etc.. They usually end up being interested. Thank Goodness

Top Bottom