• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Buried in a Business Week article (really just a poorly written left wing nut job propaganda peice) are some interesting comments from the management of Mossberg.

As intended, LaPierre’s performance received massive media attention. It also upset many—including some gun makers. “The funerals were still going on in Newtown,” says Joseph Bartozzi. “Parents were burying their children.” A senior vice president at O.F. Mossberg & Sons, a shotgun and rifle manufacturer in North Haven, Conn., Bartozzi belongs to the NRA and applauds its stalwart defense of Second Amendment rights. But this time, LaPierre’s diatribe struck him as ill-timed and graceless.

Bartozzi, a former plant manager, has worked in the firearm industry for 33 years. He knew Sandy Hook would reignite gun control hostilities in Washington and the state capital of Hartford. “I get it,” he says. “Politicians want to do something.” Sure enough, Congress and Connecticut legislators were soon debating proposals to ban the sale of semiautomatics like those 30-round MMR Tactical Rifles. The instantly vicious tone of the debate, however, took even Bartozzi by surprise. The NRA, he says, should have “waited longer and tried to be more respectful of people who might disagree with them and still be struggling with grief.”

“We know we’re going to get some kind of legislation in Connecticut,” Bartozzi says. “All we’re asking is that we be at the table to lend our expertise and work out a way for people to keep making firearms in this state. Otherwise, we’ll just make them somewhere else.”

I always did greatly prefer a Remington 870...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'll give him credit for his final statement: We want to keep making them here, but we're going to make them. You can benefit by taxing it and by the jobs we create, or we can let someone else benefit from it, but either way, the guns will be made. Your choice.

OTOH, while he may just be acknowledging the obvious (I don't know from personal experience the political climate in CT... I've never been there) it sounds like he's giving up and just wants to decide whether the :poop: sandwich he's going to have to eat will be on pumpernickel or ciabatta bread and if maybe, just maybe, he can choose whether it's made with Miracle Whip or mayo.

Sad. And yes, I'm with you that the 870 is a good shotgun.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If memory serves, the NRA waited an agonizingly long week to address the shooting. The antis were on it as it was still breaking news.

Another board I used to read referred to that as participating in the "Danse Macabre, dancing in the blood of the victims."

Appropriate description. :puke:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The White house had a talking head on TV--------- BEFORE LAW ENFORCEMENT ENTERED THE SCHOOL BUILDING! -----I was home that day and watched it all on TV, and the spokesman started the antigun agenda right then, before they knew who died! I got words for the propoganda people who are trying to discredit pro constitution organizations with "shame". Unfortunately I try not to talk like that any more. Let me summerize my opinion and clean it up the best I can..... "be quiet you brood of vipers!"

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    The NRA was going to take flak no matter what they did. The anti-2A people jumped on it before the bodies were cold and politicized the tragedy. Bill of Rights has it nailed with his "Danse Macabre, dancing in the blood of the victims" reference.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Yeah, imagine that. The grabbers can jump on it while the blood's still warm on the ground, but pro-2A has to wait...and wait....and wait... BS!!! Since when does insanity become the new norm? The obvious short run answer is making schools safer by making them hard targets instead of soft targets. I have never in my life seen a time when nonsense is elevated to the level it is today.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The NRA was going to take flak no matter what they did. The anti-2A people jumped on it before the bodies were cold and politicized the tragedy. Bill of Rights has it nailed with his "Danse Macabre, dancing in the blood of the victims" reference.

Exactly. The NRA was in a no-win position. They were damned if they did and damned if they didn't. They gave sufficient time before speaking up but too many people thought they waited too long. Others thought they tried to jump and capitalize on the tragedy. For the anti-2A people, there never would have been a right time for the NRA to speak up.

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    If that statement from Mossberg is true then I will sell the only one I have and never buy another and don't care if they move or just close their doors. The NRA was pounded for a week and the second they commented about some dumb idea like putting people in schools on equal ground with the psychos. They got pounded again. Screw Mossberg, I hear Colorado is looking for tax money maybe they can move there

braggracing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Grant County
    O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. In response to the Bloomberg Businessweek article Gun Makers Fear the NRA, penned by Paul Barrett of Bloomberg, O.F. Mossberg & Sons believes it has been the victim of a deliberate attack by the anti-gun media to produce a false and misleading news story that raises doubts about our company’s core principles. Make no mistake, for decades Mossberg and Joe Bartozzi have been active and resolute in the fight for 2nd amendment rights and steadfast in support of the NRA, and as such will not tolerate slanderous reports that imply or state otherwise.

Stag Arms Joe Bartozzi at O.F Mossberg & Sons has stood side by side with Stag Arms at the forefront to protect your second amendment rights. Through personal experience we can attest that Joe is 100% dedicated to protecting your rights. We urge everyone to view his actual actions and testimony in front of the legislature instead of a magazine article where it would be to their advantage to twist his words to fit their narrative.

Larry Keane Mossberg and Joe Bartozzi are stalwart defenders of 2d Amend. Joe has worked long and hard to fight UN gun banners and has lead the fight in Hartford to stop Gov Malloy and the antis from banning modern sporting rifles and magazines, and other equally bad laws aimed at destroying the 2d Amend. Don't take the bait -- the article is unfair and part of a media campaign to create false illusion of a wedge between industry and NRA. It is NOT true. Look at the Wash Post piece from earlier this month involving NSSF and the NBC story from last week involving NRA. We need to fight the enemy, not ourselves.

Lawrence G. Keane
    SVP & General Counsel
    NSSF

Top Bottom