• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I'd like to find a way to get George out here early next year. Who is interested and what kind of class do you want? Where would you travel to for it?

I took his 2 day class open hand to pen to knife to pistol class (Spontaneous Attack Survival, Combat Pen, IET, FOF Pistol) last May that was put together by schapm and was blown away. This class covers all the basics to defend yourself no matter what tools you have or how close someone is. I would be down for taking it again because it is so foundational but at the same time covers the complete self defense spectrum.
    AAR here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._systems_intensive_2_day_course_thoughts.html

I would also be interested in seeing George's other advanced classes as well if people want to go another route. Pistol, carbine, etc.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd be interested in any of his classes. Of course, its going to depend on when and $$$.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this...

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Sounds interesting I just started Krav Maga and love it. It's all self defense in the hand to hand form but we do cover disarming people both gun and knife and then using it on them.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I have said for awhile I really want to make it to one of his classes. Last time he was in Indiana the date was allready booked but with enough notice I would try to make it work this time.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Definitely interested. Must have more testing against live hostile opponents at close range or contact distance.
    Anything that further develops skills covered in the intensive 2-day course.
    Central or southern area is most convenient.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I'm interested as well, but as others have said, it depends on cost, when, and where. Also whether or not I have to work. I would be most interested in open hand combatives. Indianapolis would be alright for me, and probably the most convenient for others.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Maybe we can get investigated by the local police again....that was fun:)

Maybe some of them should enroll this time. If I host again I will offer them a discount.

Edit: I will make it a priority to be there, pending details. I honestly don't care what's covered, I am still new to this, so it's all beneficial.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I will consider one anywhere, just give me a place, just need a 30X30 room. Then we set dates. A two day class will be $250 per person. I am thinking-

1st Day AM- Spontaneous Attack Survival
    1st Day PM- Inverted Edge Tactics

Day 2- Combative Pistol

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am certainly interested pending timing and location.

My druthers;

- A winter time class. When the weather warms up, so does my schedule.
    - Centrally located in the state. If I want a hotel stay, I'll go to PA.
    - I would much rather work on hand, stick, blade stuff over gun stuff.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Burl, I am down with replacing gun with stick...I have been doing a lot of private stick training locally. It is my favorite. Look for an article on ITS Tactical from me on stick work. BTW I prefer a plain jane 26 inch run of the mill rattan stick, over ASPs or anything else.- George

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Burl, I am down with replacing gun with stick...I have been doing a lot of private stick training locally. It is my favorite. Look for an article on ITS Tactical from me on stick work. BTW I prefer a plain jane 26 inch run of the mill rattan stick, over ASPs or anything else.- George

My limited stick knowledge comes from you. My stick is the CVS cane as recommended before. I put it to use last summer for a couple months of a "no weapons zone." Happily, I didn't need it for self defense. The same as the airlines flight though, I felt fairly comfy while naked.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I will consider one anywhere, just give me a place, just need a 30X30 room. Then we set dates. A two day class will be $250 per person. I am thinking-

1st Day AM- Spontaneous Attack Survival
    1st Day PM- Inverted Edge Tactics

Day 2- Combative Pistol

tagged for definite interest. I'm with BW though, Winter months are best. I've heard only great things about Mercop and his methods:yesway:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I am interested pending location and work schedule.
    I couldn't make the last one due to work, I will come no matter the schedule but the stick training would be great. I have a huge gap in my skills and the gaps don't involve pistol. LOL

Top Bottom