• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H

hosborn

I have been thinking about getting a MSAR E4.
    Now I have heard that they no longer make them and the company is gone.
    Anyone have any updates on Microtech and is the MSAR worth it?
    Whats a good price for one since they are no longer in production and can you get spare parts if the company no longer exist?

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Microtech Small Arms filed for bankruptcy earlier this year. I own an STG-556 and love it. It has been very reliable, and it is fun to shoot. There is still a lot of product out there, and last I heard Ratworx was handling warranty issues. Microtech may come back...who knows. Ratworx does make some of the parts, and they have some parts still in stock. If you want to take the safe route you can get the US version of the original Steyr Aug now. It will cost more, but it may be a better choice.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've read somewhere that Steyr has stopped production of the AUGs here. Sabre was building them under license, then they went bankrupt so no more real AUGS, sadly.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I really want one, and I wanted to buy one earlier this year, but the money... They got expensive, and Ratworx has driven the price up in the last year.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Rumor has it Steyr is working to have another US company manufacture the AUG domestically. We'll see.

The MSAR you must be very careful which one you buy. The earlier generations had all sorts of problems. If you can get a 4th gen gun they're generally ok, but even those have had some problems. The down side is if you get a problem gun, there's no one to fix it as the company is bankrupt and is not accepting rifles for repairs or returns.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Maybe an FNH FS2000 instead? A little bulkier, and just as expensive, but still a bullpup that takes AR mags.

Top Bottom