Inherited the gun I learned to shoot....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    So I just inherited my grandfather's Savage 24S-D .22lr over .410

I don't know much about it other than how to shoot it....

When I was first learning to shoot my grandfather would let me plink with the .22 all day long for a couple days.... Then when I wasn't paying attention to him loading it, he would slip in a .410 birdshot.... Well needless to say it knocked me on my butt the first time he got me (7 years old)

I've been looking around online and see that it's going for a pretty high price (not interested in selling for obvious reasons)

Is it fairly uncommon to come across one??

Any additional info on it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :ingo:

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Ok, i too have one. They are not rare they were made by the many thousands....however; they are uncommon to see for sale. They are loved by those who have them and they hunt with them or hang onto them. I see them from time to time and they usually command 250-400 depending on condition. They are great little guns and last forever. They are a discontinued model as well i believe but im not up on hunting style rifles as i could be. But they arent totally uncommon..you just dont see them on the market much..folks love them and still use them.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a Savage 24 S-E .22lr/.410, it is about the same as yours. I really like them, and have had them in the past also. I think the reason for the high prices now is because they quit making them. I had a .22 mag/ 20 ga I wish I would have never sold.

Dave

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    They are pretty nice guns. I had the 22 mag over 20 ga and traded it to an INGO member a couple years ago. I don't regret the trade really, as I didn't ever really use the Savage. But it was a real nice gun, something a little different for sure. You seem to see the .22lr/410 more often than the 22mag/20 though.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    I inherited one just like it from my Dad, a doctor in WV who has long since passed away. My grandson now has it, making four generations of happy hunters to use this little prize. A lot of blueing is gone from carrying in the woods, but not one speck of rust. Cherish yours as one that probably won't be made again, and be thankful to have it.

Top Bottom