• ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm there!!
    I'll bring my 1903a3 safe queen, garand, mosins (m38, M44, 91/30 ex sniper), and my German K89 (Russian capture) all 1943 or earlier.
    I would like to suggest this year we also encourage people bring other WW2 collection items you might have to just look at. I've seen people post pics of bayonets, uniforms, and other cool stuff from time to time so I know its out there. I don't have much in this arena but do have a German leather ammo pouch from 1938 (IIRC) and some late war and post war magazines that are pretty cool to see.
    I am a member at Hamilton County Fish and Game HCFG.org but it is a small place and I would have to consult with other members more knowledgable than I to come up with event specific range rules to make it work. If it seems to be more central for people I'll look into it. Thanks for bringing this up Clay!

I've got a decent start to a bayonet collection that would love to come out an play as well. Hope we can make this happen!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Garand Match at Wildcat

Garand match at Wildcat in Layfayette on Sat June 5. Vintage Rifle match got moved to October due to rainout. But if something happens anywhere else I'm In. Also why not bring your WWII stuff to New Castle and Shoot Steel by Bobcat I'll be there with my 98K and AR and my Colt 1911! :ar15:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Garand match at Wildcat in Layfayette on Sat June 5. Vintage Rifle match got moved to October due to rainout. But if something happens anywhere else I'm In. Also why not bring your WWII stuff to New Castle and Shoot Steel by Bobcat I'll be there with my 98K and AR and my Colt 1911! :ar15:

Where is that at in New Castle? I've never been there but would like to go.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Is this going to take place? I'd go for sure if work didn't keep me from it.
    It would be nice to visit everyone and check out a lot of cool guns.
    I take it there's some shooting involved. That would be even better.
    I have 1919A4 Browning I could bring, plus some of the usual U.S. WWII small arms.
    Does anyone here have a 1941 Johnson? I'd like to look one over real good and get the scoop on them from someone that knows them.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Is this going to take place? I'd go for sure if work didn't keep me from it.
    It would be nice to visit everyone and check out a lot of cool guns.
    I take it there's some shooting involved. That would be even better.
    I have 1919A4 Browning I could bring, plus some of the usual U.S. WWII small arms.
    Does anyone here have a 1941 Johnson? I'd like to look one over real good and get the scoop on them from someone that knows them.

Is your 1919 06 or has it been rebarreled to 8mm? I'd like to see that. I have Garands, 03s,03A3s, an 03A4 (no scope:xmad:) a 1917, etc....

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    mmmmmmm I have a couple of ammo cans of belted -06 that will feed in a 1919 :)

as for 'is this going to happen', I think we have enough interest to make it happen, we just need a location. Most places would need a sponsor club member to do that, so we need to find people that are members of a club large enough to host an event, and see if they are willing to sponsor the event, and get possible dates to hold the event.

While I would love to have it at Riley, because it convenient for me ;), its not very centrally located, and I'm not a member. I guess this is just a good reason to join the club!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    The 1919 is '06 and 308. I can't afford yet another caliber lol.
    I'm going to have to leave home soon for work and might miss out on this if it happens. It will be a matter of timing.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Did anything ever happen with this? Did I miss it, is it coming up, or did it never come together?
    I have some of the usual WWII stuff, plus some not so usual. I'd like to go, depending on when and where it would be.

I have one. And I think I've heard most of the jokes ("Your Johnson is older than you are", etc).

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Did anything ever happen with this? Did I miss it, is it coming up, or did it never come together?
    I have some of the usual WWII stuff, plus some not so usual. I'd like to go, depending on when and where it would be.

I have one. And I think I've heard most of the jokes ("Your Johnson is older than you are", etc).

OH, man you really missed a great gathering. I cannot believe the amazing number of quality WW2 small arms I was able to handle and shoot. The highlight of my year for sure!

No, you didn't miss it. It never materialized. Just pulling your leg.
    Rep for reviving the thread though. I think what killed the momentum was not being able to find anyone that was a member of a range that was suitable to host it. Hint Hint!

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Somehow, I smelled a rat about what I "missed" from the beginning.
    I would like to see this go off. I haven't been keeping up with the forum and knew nothing about it.

I would like to help with a range, but my club's wouldn't work. They have a rule against rapid fire that they are rabid about, so it wouldn't last long. It's not real big either.

I do belong to another club that I joined to shoot at when we are visiting the in-laws. That club would be OK with it and might even promote it. But it's a little far...it's in Alabama.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yup, we need a host location!!! Next year I might be able to do Riley, because I intend on joining, but this year I'm not a member of a range large enough.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Vintage Match

In the event nothing else is Organized. I highly recomend going to the vintage rifle match at Wildcat near Lafayette. The match is at 200 yrds 50 rnds all vintage rifles are welcome, at least Bolt actions. Plenty of nice bolt guns there. One guy had his grand fathers Japanese Ariska ( hope I got the name right). There were some Swiss rifles, Mosins and I was there with my 98K making sure it could still hit and X at 200 yards. There was even two Krag Jorgensens (SP?) which I never seen many of these firearms in action really enjoyed myself. This is a sanctioned CMP match aqnd I think the cost was only $20. Plan to go if my hand is healed enough from surgerey on 8/26/10. Going to bring a buddy of mine with his Enfield. :ingo:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    When I was regularly shooting Highpower, my favorite match was the annual Vintage Rifle match at Bloomington when Sycamore Valley used to be there.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Bass an Bucks in Wabash, IN might be a possiable range...25 to 740 yds, no membership required, 15.00 for a day, lots of tables with benches, birm shooting in prone, standing or sitting....someone probably could call ahead an reserve a day...?
    Just a thought...I have been their an see lots of guys rapid fire, wouldn't see making a lot of noise a problem....Wabash is about 90 miles straight North of Indy.....?

Top Bottom