• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Next time make sure to call MWG on him and take pictures as the JBTs come. :rofl:

Or me like the lady at Miejer who ran up to one of our NWI members while he was OC and asked.

1) Who are you
    2) Are you security?
    3) You are scaring me with that gun (in the holster).

Our member said to her:
    Do you always run up to the things that scare you or are you just curious.

She had deer in the headlight look after that!

That actually happened to me recently at Highland Meijers. Lady came up to me as I was picking out a bottle of bourbon. "are you police" I said no. "you have a gun" I replied, Yes. She then said "you're scaring me" to which I replied, i'm sorry, you're the one that confronted me, I don't understand. and left to continue shopping without incident.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That actually happened to me recently at Highland Meijers. Lady came up to me as I was picking out a bottle of bourbon. "are you police" I said no. "you have a gun" I replied, Yes. She then said "you're scaring me" to which I replied, i'm sorry, you're the one that confronted me, I don't understand. and left to continue shopping without incident.

That was an excellent response. Hopefully my memory will retain it for future reference. :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Next time make sure to call MWG on him and take pictures as the JBTs come. :rofl:

Or me like the lady at Miejer who ran up to one of our NWI members while he was OC and asked.

1) Who are you
    2) Are you security?
    3) You are scaring me with that gun (in the holster).

Our member said to her:
    Do you always run up to the things that scare you or are you just curious.

She had deer in the headlight look after that!

A few weeks ago I was in the check out line at Strack's and there were about 8 people in front of me. I noticed a few glances at my OC while waiting but no comments one way or the other. An employee got in line behind me and she looked slightly stressed. I had a feeling she was stressed because of the long line, not because of my OC. I asked her if she was on her break and she said yes. So I told her to go ahead of me. She asked, "are you sure?", and I told her that I'm not the one on the clock, go ahead. That started a chain reaction as every person in front of me let her go ahead and she was at the front of the line. She paid for her things and came back and thanked me. Hopefully, that made a good impression with all the folks who saw the MWAG that day, and maybe a few of the store employees as well. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Was the lady an employee? Hum... makes me wonder if it's the same lady that was at both meijer stores? :dunno:

A few weeks ago I was in the check out line at Strack's and there were about 8 people in front of me. I noticed a few glances at my OC while waiting but no comments one way or the other. An employee got in line behind me and she looked slightly stressed. I had a feeling she was stressed because of the long line, not because of my OC. I asked her if she was on her break and she said yes. So I told her to go ahead of me. She asked, "are you sure?", and I told her that I'm not the one on the clock, go ahead. That started a chain reaction as every person in front of me let her go ahead and she was at the front of the line. She paid for her things and came back and thanked me. Hopefully, that made a good impression with all the folks who saw the MWAG that day, and maybe a few of the store employees as well. :)

Oh come on! You should have wipped out your gun, but a few holes in the ceiling, told the crowd to move the lady in distress needs help. ;)

linkinpark9812

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lake County, Town of Munster

That's cool! I wonder what employee that was, assuming this was the one in Munster again.

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    It can be a real advantage not to open carry even if you can. Kind of like not showing your aces in a poker game.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It can be a real advantage not to open carry even if you can. Kind of like not showing your aces in a poker game.

Personally I don't can, I leave that to the pros, but I still open carry. If you can, or even if you don't, if you really want a tactical advantage, try concealing this:
    tactical_canned_bacon_zps61873981.jpg

Top Bottom