• ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I could have used this earlier today.

I ripped a huge fart in my cubicle at work today because no one was around. Not 10 seconds later the boss walked over to chat about a project. Soon there were 3 or 4 others standing around to add their input.

I was trapped in a fog of my own funk trying to pretend like everything was hunky-dory. It was practically making my eyes water, so I know the rest of my co-workers had to have smelled it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I ripped a huge fart in my cubicle at work today because no one was around. Not 10 seconds later the boss walked over to chat about a project. Soon there were 3 or 4 others standing around to add their input.

I was trapped in a fog of my own funk trying to pretend like everything was hunky-dory. It was practically making my eyes water, so I know the rest of my co-workers had to have smelled it.

That's a law I think. Probably related to Murphy. I think it's funny that office etiquette forbids talking about it. I mean, you should just be able to tell the boss that you ripped one and go talk somewhere else. But no. Everyone has to stand around in the fog pretending that all is normal.

In INGO, Indiana we should definitely pass an ordinance requiring people to announce when they've ripped one. For the shy I suppose we can define some kind of gesture to communicate that.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My entire area was populated by folks in-route to the big "D"
    Cars either broke down or ran out of gas and this is where they stayed.

Proof that most old sayings have an element of truth to them......

I know when I worked in Greenwood at a Mortgage office I would ask my secretary "How much he wanting to barr-ee?" She would say "Barr-ee? You mean borrow? How are we even from the same state?" LOL....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I know when I worked in Greenwood at a Mortgage office I would ask my secretary "How much he wanting to barr-ee?" She would say "Barr-ee? You mean borrow? How are we even from the same state?" LOL....

I grew up in Michigan having picked up some idioms from my dad (South Carolinian transplant). He almost made it to Detroit :)

I'd say something like they "needed something to prise it open" and they'd just look at me funny. "Sorry, let me translate English to Michigander: you need something to pry it open."

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

I'm fortunate enough to be from the Yankee north where we all talk like news anchors. I'm also fortunate enough that I didn't pick up a hick accent despite working for the bus company here in Muntucky (which is just south of Jaytucky).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That must be one of those Canadian outfits. They don't have those down here in the US. If they're all that great I guess we could do imports.

As far as I know, there are two of them and both are in Indy. If we can't get a Long's, I'm out.

I always took you as a biscuit and gravy man brother.......You know..."You can take the boy out of southern Indiana but you can't get the southern Indiana out of the boy"....:)

Nobody makes them like Mamaw did. That's a sad fact. She tried to show me how to make them, but there's no recipe. It's a "some of this" and "some of that" type deal, in a cast iron skillet, with real lard.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As far as I know, there are two of them and both are in Indy. If we can't get a Long's, I'm out.

I dunno. I'd have to compare with something familiar. I think I remember that you're from this area, if you've sampled a Nord's donut, how is that for comparison?

Prolly need to decide on the official ice cream shop as well. Even though it's an ahiya (ohio for yankees) outfit Graeter's Ice Cream is THE best.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just passing through here, real nice town you got.

I heard that in INGOville it's legal to shoot the meter reader and the tax appraiser as soon as they cross street end of the driveway, is that true? Are you limited to shotguns, or are other firearms legal? Is there a magazine limit?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just passing through here, real nice town you got.

I heard that in INGOville it's legal to shoot the meter reader and the tax appraiser as soon as they cross street end of the driveway, is that true? Are you limited to shotguns, or are other firearms legal? Is there a magazine limit?

Well, no, but I hear the lifetime permit is going away.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Voting will not only require ID but 50 quality sentences explaining why you want to vote as well as a DNA sample.

Since the polling location is the INGO post office the Postmaster/Chief package handler will be in charge of collecting all relevant DNA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Better only pull that finger once, or it could look a little dirty! :):

Voting will not only require ID but 50 quality sentences explaining why you want to vote as well as a DNA sample.

Since the polling location is the INGO post office the Postmaster/Chief package handler will be in charge of collecting all relevant DNA.

Do you have to up for site supporter to vote?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Let's see, the term uncoiled rice came from me making sport of someone's typo, plus I can fix electronics almost as fast as I can break them, and I cook some pretty viscious Szechuan.

I first thought I should be mayor; supervillains are good in that position. I may be evil, but I'm not sane enough to do any harm.

More reasonably, I'll be the eccentric Doc Brown type in a big Victorian with my lab up in a tower. It will always have a lightning storm over it. It'll be on the road to Libertariana, and my toll booth shall accept only gold, silver, or ammunition.

I think a name change would be in order then... Dr Evilwrench. I like it :ingo:

Can we compromise? How about having a safe space? Like a no farting zone. So, most areas are fartable. But in some spaces, farting is prohibited.

As long as the 4 rules are followed and there is an appropriate clearing barrel outside of certain facilities, I think all will be good, but we can ask Kirk to inspect that for us, and properly post the 4 rules (and maybe even promote them to being laws instead of rules). I think that would cover it...

That is outstanding... I literally laughed out loud at this, because this is always the way it happens... don't ask me how I know, or I would have to plead the 5th.

Top Bottom