INGO Facelift - Please be prepared for change!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    so members are allowed to criticize but then when they say that they can do better, and post examples of what they think is better, they are immune to criticism themselves?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just wanted to add my :twocents:;

Thanks a lot for trying to make things better and easier to use!:yesway:
    Don't let the whiners get to you.

03-WA331-F4Whiner.jpg

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thanks Burl, Just a friendly reminder for everyone if you are clicking into this thread a bit late. Original message below.....

INGO is going through a facelift. We are investing in the updated version of our forum software and have hired a designer who will be making some cosmetic changes. INGO is very successful the way it is and we are not trying to fix anything that is not broke... However we do want to upgrade the software and modernize things a bit. The color scheme will stay the same and I will make sure we retain the good old INGO look and feel we have all come to love :ingo:

Please be aware that INGO is going to get ugly before she is pretty again.

Step 1: Upgrade forum software starting 7/6

You will notice some big changes to the way INGO looks when we upgrade the software and it might not be for the better.

PATIENCE please. Our new design is in development and should be ready in a month or so. But first we need the new software in place.

I will keep this thread updated with developments.

:ingo:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    so members are allowed to criticize but then when they say that they can do better, and post examples of what they think is better, they are immune to criticism themselves?

I didn't say that what they were doing was appropriate, but in my opinion, the staff and administration should be above that sort of thing. You can do whatever you want, we all know that, as this is a privately owned proposition. I just think that the staff and administration should not stop to that level, especially when things seem to be getting very personal. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, I was just voicing an opinion.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    INGO is going through a facelift.

:ingo:

OH, I get it.
    This is INGO without her makeup on.

So - To enjoy her now, we all need to start drinking until you make her pretty again.

I hope I'm still drinking when you make her pretty. Then she'll seem downright Gorgeous. :wwub:

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I do not like the looks of any of those sites you posted. In particular I find the Wolf site to be incredibly tacky.

What is your largest forum at this time?

I have to say.. I clicked on his last 3 links to check them out, expecting something high speed top-notch action. I'm sorry, but those sites look like they were coded by a bunch of jr. high kids.:lmfao:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

This is INGO without her makeup on.

So - To enjoy her now, we all need to start drinking until you make her pretty again.

I hope I'm still drinking when you make her pretty. Then she'll seem downright Gorgeous. :wwub:
    Turns out INGO is a chick! I always knew guns were for chicks... especially 1911s!

The name's "INGO", biotches!!

0422b670-5860-4b85-ac8a-abf663b04101_zpsdf26927b.jpg

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Just throwing it out there , can we compress the left side links horizontally instead of vertically or just move them period ? Maybe stick'em up top ?

Now the threads are about 3/4's of the screen , if the " follow us on / sponsor links / current staff" link were moved , I'd get full screen INGO awesomeness !!!!!!

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Fenway, you need to make your statement about this new look being temporary until the end product is finished in a few weeks in LARGE, BOLD PRINT and have it auto-posted every 10 posts. Maybe then even those who haven't bothered to start at the beginning will get the message and stop with the whining about how INGO looks right now.

Nah, that won't work, either.

From what I've read, the new software has a whole bunch of nifty tweaking that you can do with it. Is there a thread where we can offer suggestions for consideration? Most of us are on other forums (fora?) that may have neat features that INGO has lacked. For example, somewhere should be a "My Recent Posts" button to allow us to see if there are replies to comments that we've made, instead of having to go through several clicks to find that page.

I'm sure others have suggestions, and posting them here allows them to get lost in the friendly banter and whining.

Keep up the good work. Many people don't like change. I'm one of 'em. However, the harsh reality is that sometimes change is necessary to keep the technology current and relevant. Looking forward to seeing the new INGO ...

... IN A FEW WEEKS. :)

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I didn't read through all 32 pages to see if this has been asked yet......is it possible to move the advertising block to the right side of the page? It just feels to me like the forum is shoved over to the right.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know this is the facelift thread, but we got some whiners in here....

So for all who care to continue complaining, here's a suggestion.....

Write your complaint down on a letter....

Write your name, address, and zip on a self address envelope....

Put it along with your letter inside another envelope....

Put a stamp on the corner...

Wait two or three days....

Then address the envelope to yourself and mail it.

When you receive that letter, go back to INGO and see how it's changed for the better.

That is all, have a nice day.:)

Top Bottom