• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    So I've been using the INGO classifieds for a couple of years. I've bought and sold a ton of stuff. I've had great success, and met a lot of great people. In fact, I've never had a bad experience at all selling things through INGO.

Recently some stuff was not selling here, so I listed it over at a site that only does gun classifieds. Wow, the number of emails I got from idiots was just amazing. The stupid questions, the amazing lowball offers, just ridiculous. For example, I've got an M1 carbine listed for $500. Here are a couple of the emails that I got:

"Id semi auto" - That was the whole email, and not even a real sentence. If he wanted to know if an M1 Carbine is semi-auto, I'm pretty sure Google would have answered that question.

"Do you want a $175. I can meet today. let me know." - Really? 35% of my asking price?

I had so many stupid emails that it would take me all day to type them here, but you get the idea.

So, the moral of the story is:
    1. I LOVE THE INGO CLASSIFIEDS.
    2. I LOVE THE 50 POST RULE.
    3. I APPRECIATE THE PEOPLE THAT USE THE CLASSIFIEDS ON THIS SITE.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I pretty much only list firearms that I have for sale on INGO for the simple reason that it is first and foremost a gun forum and not just a classifieds site.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My favorite is when you get an offer of half your asking price and the old "cash money, in hand" enticement. Well I assumed that anyone wanting to buy this item would have cash since I didn't ask for payment in old bottle caps or pink Monopoly 50s.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My favorite is when you get an offer of half your asking price and the old "cash money, in hand" enticement. Well I assumed that anyone wanting to buy this item would have cash since I didn't ask for payment in old bottle caps or pink Monopoly 50s.
    Yeah, I don't understand that one either. I get it almost every time I put something up.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Yeah, I don't understand that one either. I get it almost every time I put something up.

Same here. Or I get an offer to trade, not necessarily a bad thing but the offer is so far off value wise from the item I'm selling. WASR 10/63 does not equal H&R 12 gauge single shot or cheap hunting shotgun.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    i can only imagine, like trying to sell something on craigslist. People will either offer crazy trades or come with the line "im really interested but im located in germany scam" I think the one thing i love about the 50 post rule are the people whom complain about it. I could only imagine the pm's fenway and the other mods receive on this particular matter

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same here. Or I get an offer to trade, not necessarily a bad thing but the offer is so far off value wise from the item I'm selling. WASR 10/63 does not equal H&R 12 gauge single shot or cheap hunting shotgun.

:D i concur on this, it also baffles me at the amount of people that puts a new price on a used gun. Note to self if your bumping ur ad everyday for 3 weeks, you might want to reconsider your price. just a hunch

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Wait?! They're not the same person?!

I think the one from Indiana is the older brother and the one from Texas is the bratty step sister the one from Indiana was talking about in one of his threads about parents. At least, I think they're related...somehow.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I think the one from Indiana is the older brother and the one from Texas is the bratty step sister the one from Indiana was talking about in one of his threads about parents. At least, I think they're related...somehow.

Couldn't be related. He's an AR guy, I'm an AK guy. That stuff runs in your blood :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Couldn't be related. He's an AR guy, I'm an AK guy. That stuff runs in your blood :D

I must have had a 50% transfusion. I love my ARs but will be looking for an AK as soon as I can find what I want for a reasonable price. Might also pick up a Draco.

Top Bottom