• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have seen and heard people mention that you can go to certain website that then allow you to get to blocked sites?

what are those sites? how do they work?

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    A proxy site can work IF your IT staff hasn't blocked it. There are a lot of proxy sites out there, but all of them can be blocked by your company.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Vtunnel has a bunch of different domain names and they they keep adding new ones to avoid getting blocked.

Huh? it looks like one domain name - 'vtunnel.com'. Maybe they have a lot of IP addresses...

Our firewall filters on domain names, but not IPs. So you could try to get to INGO by using 68.233.250.2 for the the INGO address.

BUT....
    INGO might have hardcoded URLs instead of relative paths.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The only reasonable answer is to QUIT YOUR JOB. I am great disappointed it took 13 posts for you to get a good answer to your question. We can do better people.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Have you considered a really long ethernet cable? You'll probably need repeaters/bridges to reach all the way to your home.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    They are probably blocking an entire category, like 'Weapons' or maybe even all social media sites.

You really shouldn't try to bypass it. Imagine if you're caught doing something underhanded like that, it makes you look petty to your IT guy, who might even inform management. At best your relationship with your IT department could suffer. In my experience everyone who thinks they are being clever eventually gets caught. The Admin could/should have email alerts set for when someone attempts to access a proxy site. If you even attempt to click a proxy site, then they could be already aware that you are a rogue user.

Last edited:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    They are probably blocking an entire category, like 'Weapons' or maybe even all social media sites.

You really shouldn't try to bypass it. Imagine if you're caught doing something underhanded like that, it makes you look petty to your IT guy, who might even inform management. At best your relationship with your IT department could suffer. In my experience everyone who thinks they are being clever eventually gets caught. The Admin could/should have email alerts set for when someone attempts to access a proxy site. If you even attempt to click a proxy site, then they could be already aware that you are a rogue user.
    What he said :)

Ask your IT guys, maybe take them a plate of bacon. :D

I asked and they unblocked it for me.

Top Bottom