Informing FedEx that your package has a firearm in it???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    This goes across the board, but claiming the insurance is a PITA! I worked the UPS shipping station for a while at my last job. If its broken, they will find every reason to not pay up. We had a claim rejected because we put a label over the box rating, and that inhibited them from verifying it was properly packaged! Lost is easier to prove, assuming it was lost in their system, and not stolen off of a doorstep. Most of the time that is your problem, unless the driver improperly released it.

I can guarantee that if you dont declare a firearm and there is issues down the road, you wont get ANYTHING for your claim.
    I shipped over 13,000 packages last year and on board to ship more this year. Every claim I've ever made has been paid within 30 days, except for 1 and I didn't pack it - one of our employees did. Maybe I'm just lucky?!!!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I shipped over 13,000 packages last year and on board to ship more this year. Every claim I've ever made has been paid within 30 days, except for 1 and I didn't pack it - one of our employees did. Maybe I'm just lucky?!!!

They must hate us or something... In all honesty, I never was the one to file the claim. That was for Accounting and Customer Service. I was just the one that got yelled at :rolleyes: We shipped (they still do, thankfully I do not) a LOT of glass product. There were a lot of claims, and most were approved. There were still several that were not though.

Thankfully firearms arent so fragile!

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I shipped the gun back to S&W, and they received it on the 24th with no problems.:yesway: Hope S&W repairs it and gets it back to me asap. Kinda sucks buying a firearm and it crapping out with less than 150 rounds thru it.

I DID inform the clerk the package contained a firearm as I was instructed to do. I understand the possible claim problems if I didn't, but still it just seemes wrong to me to have to declare what's in a package. If I had shipped a widget, they don't want to know. When it really comes down to it, what difference does it make if the package contains an UNLOADED firearm?:dunno: An idiot could ship one back LOADED and they wouldn't know unless it went off. They have no idea if the firearm is or is not loaded, they are simply going by what the person shipping the package tells them unless they open the package up.

Oh well, I followed the "rules".:rolleyes:

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    To all the people who don't inform UPS/Fedex that their package contains a firearm, you're breaking federal law:

Here is exactly what the ATF 'Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide' (ATF P 5300.4) says:
    (B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

Top Bottom