• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    My girlfriend and I are planning on attending the Indy 1500 this weekend for several purposes in mind, one being to find holsters for her P-22 and PK380
    She is left handed and is in need of good CC and field holsters.

Is it legal to bring handguns (cased and unloaded, of course) to the show?

What we've found so far by visiting local shops, is that not only are holsters that provide good fit, comfort and carry security for these two handguns difficult to find, it it nearly impossible to find them for southpaws. So it is important that the weapon be present to check before spending $$$ on them.

If anyone out there has info on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    perfectly legal. It is show policy for it to be unloaded, let the officers inspect and put a strap on it when you enter the show.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    For the southpaw holster, I might suggest that you stop by the Raven Concealment booth. They will custom make you a holster for your particular gun and their gear is top-notch.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I have also found that good holsters are difficult to find other than for glocks ect.

Have you looked online? I've ran across a few holsters for the P22 and they were also listed in left hand.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Thank you VUPDBlue, we will stop at that booth while we are there.

Cornfused: The problem I have found is that even though packaging says the P22 will fit, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be a comfortable holster for carry. I know that they can be returned, but that is unneeded hassle and expense.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Thank you VUPDBlue, we will stop at that booth while we are there.

Cornfused: The problem I have found is that even though packaging says the P22 will fit, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be a comfortable holster for carry. I know that they can be returned, but that is unneeded hassle and expense.

That's why most of us on here have a big box full of holsters that we can say just ain't right! lol!!:laugh:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    HOLD ON THERE COWBOY!

Do you or your girl have your License to Carry Handgun?
    LTCH
    You know the pink paper that would allow you to legally carry your firearm?

You can't transport unless you are taking it to YOUR fixed place of business
    or home from the gun shop.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    HOLD ON THERE COWBOY!

Do you or your girl have your License to Carry Handgun?
    LTCH
    You know the pink paper that would allow you to legally carry your firearm?

You can't transport unless you are taking it to YOUR fixed place of business
    or home from the gun shop.

Since their are gunsmiths at the show could someone transport their gun to the show without a LTCH?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    What on earth would lead you to believe that the OP doesn't have a LTCH? He even specifically mentions that they are looking for a CC holster and using that logic, I presumed that they had their LTCHs.

Sj: if you are taking it to the 1500 specifically for repair then you would be OK by the letter of the law. Using the fact that there is a gunsmith in the building to skirt the law is a thinly veilled attempt at best and NOT wise.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Gotta be honest,,,,I don't have my LTCH yet. I, in fact, have an appointment for the all important finger printing on Sat (coincidently on the way to the 1500, LOL), But my Girlfriend does and the weapons in question are her pistols.

As far as my personal carry habits go,,,,at present, I submit to the letter of the law and do not. In about two weeks, I will still submit to the letter of the law,,,,but,,,,, LOL

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gotta be honest,,,,I don't have my LTCH yet. I, in fact, have an appointment for the all important finger printing on Sat (coincidently on the way to the 1500, LOL), But my Girlfriend does and the weapons in question are her pistols.

As far as my personal carry habits go,,,,at present, I submit to the letter of the law and do not. In about two weeks, I will still submit to the letter of the law,,,,but,,,,, LOL

:D

:yesway:

As you did not mention having a License in your original post
    I just wanted to make sure you did not get hung up on a potential
    illegal possession of a firearm if you should get pulled over, etc.

Top Bottom