• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Why are there never any guns in them? IndyStar.com | Classifieds | The Indianapolis Star There is a section called "Guns, Hunting and Fishing" but it never has any guns listed. Courierpress.com which is the Evansville Courier and Press's website always had guns for sale. Obviously there are many more people living in Indy than Evansville and I would assume more guns, although that may not be the case. Is their website difficult to post things on? I know it's not the easiest to navigate.

For comparison...
    Courier & Press Online Classifieds - Search Results
    I can vouch for the C+P's website to be pretty navigable and easy to use. I myself have successfully posted and sold many things on there. Contrary to what I may sound like I don't, never have, and probably never work for the Evansville paper. Just giving them props on a user friendly website.

It's a shame too, because at courierpress.com you could find some real bargains. On here, selling to a bunch of gun nuts people know they can get top dollar for their gun. On the other hand, guns sold to a wider audience (aka in the paper) can be much more affordable. So, what gives?:dunno:

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    about 5 to 8 years ago it changed to only FFL dealers.

I remember reading it when I first moved to Indy and see guns for sale FTF.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No great loss with the internet just 3 key stokes away. Plus it's free versus minimum $9.99 for a classified ad. The times have changed...again.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    about 5 to 8 years ago it changed to only FFL dealers.

I remember reading it when I first moved to Indy and see guns for sale FTF.

That's about the time that they came under new ownership and I noticed a clear shift to the left, especially in their OP ED section.

Top Bottom