• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It's looking like they have their minds made up and they'll provide the "facts" to support it.
    Let's have an investigative report on the criminal backgrounds of reporters and media talking heads.... bet that'll turn up a few "startling" tidbits.:cool:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That's going to be ugly. Major hatchet job in the making. Hundreds of thousands of LTCH holders, and they are going to highlight the lowest common denominators.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Hey, out of 200-300THOUSAND LTCH holders let's plaster the faces of 20-30 bozos who got a LTCH and committed a crime! The Star used to be conservative in the past (ConservaStar). Used to make a nice contrast with USA Today(Liberal Way Today)

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    If there is a problem,go take it up with the State Police,they issued them,but we can not do that from fear of retaliation,instead lets make a story that all who carry are evil and push an issue that at this time has been decided. It is my right newsman,go report that Mc Donalds also made me fat and get off my a##.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, I'm still not going to run out and waste good money on a copy of the Star. It'll be a hatchet job against gun owners. What else can we expect. If they post it online, I'll likely read it, but I sure won't go out of my way to help them stay in business.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would suggest that our INDY area residents WRITE A THOUGHTFUL LETTER to the editor AFTER watching the video/reading the story. If the Indy Star does a good job then they need to be congratulated. If they run a biased story then they need to be bombarded with FACTUAL, CRITICAL, CONSTRUCTIVE and NON-insulting letters from as many writers as possible.

Newspapers will cave to pressure when they are confronted with opposing views in a thoughtful way.

However if we gun owners don't write to retort then the biased reporter wins. Further if gun owners do write, but if the letters do not represent us well, then we look like jerks and the biased reporter wins. It is critical that we represent ourselves respectfully.

I would hope someone from Indy will provide us LINKS to the story when it is published.

But we cannot afford to simply ignore pieces that trash us. We must respond. Our silence, when we are criticized, only emboldens the liars who write trash pieces and only allows them to continue to publish biased stories that work against us. Silence = loss of freedom.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    the guy said "the state police issued the ltch against the local pd's recomendation." But dont' you have to have the approval of both the state police and the local pd before you are issued a ltch??

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    All the locals can do is "recommend approve" or "recommend disapprove". If they recommend disapprove, they need to give a reason, but the ISP will issue/not issue according to state & possibly, federal law.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Chief has to sign off on it.

No. The chief (or Sheriff) is asked if he has information as to why you are not a proper person...that is, are you a known troublemaker whose activities might not have gotten you charges yet... And the chief or sheriff can forward those concerns, but even if he says, no, don't issue, if there are no disqualifying criteria, the supt. of ISP must issue you a LTCH.

Also, as to the OP, don't bury this yet... Jim Tomes, the main, driving force behind the 2nd Amendment Patriots in Evansville talked to this guy. If it's still a hatchet job... I think Jim will be all over him like stink on :poop:.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom