• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    Converse Indiana
    Any of you guys that went down to the early 1500 show find any good deals on loose bullets for reloading? I would like to go to the march show to pickup a few thousand to save on shipping. Just wondering if anyone picked up any good deals. Thanks guys

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    *I* didn't find any great deals on ammo. Online price + Shipping was lower than all I saw at the last 1500. Pretty much the only thing I found a good deal on was Magpul 30rd mags, but those ran out too quickly.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Sometimes I have seen some reasonably good deals on components, but other times I have been disappointed.

Recently I picked up a bunch of plated 9mm bullets that were basically the same as online prices. Yeah, I saved the shipping, but I paid $10 or whatever to get in, so that's a wash.

My bottom line: if you're going to the 1500 anyway, it's worth looking around for deals on bullets or other components and you may find something reasonable. But if you go with a specific expectation of finding a great deal on the exact component you are looking for, you are likely to be disappointed.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    There is always a tall guy there with lots of cast lead bullets. I usually buy the .45 185gr LSWC, I think they are around $35/500.

He has a sign above his table that says "We Buy Lead".

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    There is always a tall guy there with lots of cast lead bullets. I usually buy the .45 185gr LSWC, I think they are around $35/500.

He has a sign above his table that says "We Buy Lead".

yes me and some friends allways se this guy I also dont know his name but vary easy to deal with.

mathews28

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    tall guy

i beleive his last name is vance. vance bullets. nice guy to deal with we always buy from him

Top Bottom