• ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    (AFP) – 2 days ago
    JAKARTA — Indonesian authorities said Monday they are considering a petition to tear down a statue of US President Barack Obama as a boy, only a month after the bronze was unveiled in Jakarta.
    The statue of "Little Barry" -- as Obama was known when he lived in the capital in the late 1960s -- stands in central Jakarta's Menteng Park, a short walk from the US president's former elementary school.
    Critics say the site should have been used to honour an Indonesian and 55,000 people have joined a page on social networking website Facebook calling for the statue to be removed.
    "We've been discussing for the past two weeks what to do with the statue... whether to take it down, move it elsewhere or retain it. We're finding the best solution," Jakarta parks agency official Dwi Bintarto said.
    Obama, who was born in Hawaii, lived for four years as a child in Jakarta from 1967 after his divorced mother married an Indonesian.
    The bronze was designed by Indonesian artists and depicts the boy Obama dressed in shorts and a T-shirt with a butterfly perched on his hand.
    "The statue is of Obama as a child, not as the US president. His relatives and friends who erected it said it's meant to motivate children to study hard and dream big," Bintarto said.
    Members of the "Take Down the Barack Obama Statue in Menteng Park" group on Facebook say Obama has done nothing for Indonesia.
    "Barack Obama has yet to make a significant contribution to the Indonesian nation. We could say Obama only ate and s (expletive) in Menteng. He spent his subsequent days living as an American," the web page says.
    "For the dignity of a sovereign nation, Barack Obama's monument in Menteng Park must be removed immediately."
    The childhood connection and his knowledge of a few words of Indonesian made Obama popular in the mainly Muslim country of 234 million people.
    Obama said in November he would visit Indonesia this year along with First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha.

"Barack Obama has yet to make a significant contribution to the United States of America. We could say Obama only ate and s (expletive) in Washington DC.
    It seems to work here too. :D

leb1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I disagree if he has done nothing for this country he has aleast shown that someone of color can dream the ultimate dream and become president.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I disagree if he has done nothing for this country he has aleast shown that someone of color can dream the ultimate dream and become president.

And I disagree with this statement as well.

I think what he has shown is that with enough money behind you anyone can become the President... :twocents:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

What color would that be?

White mother - Black father

Are people really that hung up on the color of someones skin?
    I care more about character.
    Who are you as a person?
    What are your thoughts and ideas?
    How are you at making decisions?
    Things like this are important to me, not the color of someone's skin.
    What did Barry do that made him the best choice for president?
    What in his resume jumped out at people and said "This thing right here makes him stand above all other candidates"?
    Besides I thought Clinton was the first Black president.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    LeninStatue.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

Which color is that White or Black??

You do know he is both right?

Or are you just an Obama fan who falls back on the lovely term "Racist" for anybody that is not a Obama Zombie?

He used his skin tone to get elected... He is NOT this countries 'First African American President" as he is neither African or American as far as I am concerned.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey, hopefully they televise the teardown.

I'll host a "teardown party"

You bring the food and I'LL BRING THE KOOLAID!!!!! :rockwoot:
    :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom