• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There are socialized consequences regardless. I would be happy to see consequences of drug use only fall on those who use them.

Sure. There are consequences any time 2 or more people interact with one another, often times even when they're not intending to, while acting in their own self interests. The socialized consequences I'm referring to include taxpayer funded medical care, dependent aid, utility subsidies, and the like.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    color toilet paper they use

You still upset about that?

Like MJ, it ends up costing ME money, and I don't like that.

If it can influence me, my family, my bank book.......I want to have a say in it. In this case, NO LEGAL MJ. Along the same lines, any drug abuser is not allowed any entitlements; including healthcare.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

If it can influence me, my family, my bank book.......I want to have a say in it. In this case, NO LEGAL MJ. Along the same lines, any drug abuser is not allowed any entitlements; including healthcare.

As others have stated, it already influences you. How much do you think it costs police to enforce prohibition? It isn't cheap.

I would say that none of us are entitled to anything except the freedom to earn our way in life. Why should anyone be entitled to the services or fruits of another person?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Im still confused about this perfect land you're looking for, sounds like you're just in favor of making drugs disappear? The consequences of MJ are going to hit you whether it's legal or illegal, a case can be made the costs would even be lower if it were legalized and taxed.
    You're taking away freedoms from your fellow man, locking them in a cage for smoking a plant.

Also curious how much time you've spent in places like Colorado, Oregon since legalization? Know what they're like now? They're exactly like they were before, nothing changed for the average person going about their daily lives there.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Prohibition is such a great idea that we should probably just amend the US constitution to make all drugs illegal.

What could go wrong? :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Well, certainly the mandated color would be white. Because; white supremacy

After all, if you're going to deceptively label something/someone, why stop with just one label?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I’m not in favor of entitlements nor socialized health care. I don’t rely on either nor do I plan to. Maybe you will be willing to answer the question no one else will, if I plant it on my property, feed it, water it, harvest it, process it and use it as I see fit all on my own property, how does that affect you or your wallet?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’m not in favor of entitlements nor socialized health care. I don’t rely on either nor do I plan to. Maybe you will be willing to answer the question no one else will, if I plant it on my property, feed it, water it, harvest it, process it and use it as I see fit all on my own property, how does that affect you or your wallet?

it doesn’t until your “I don’t rely on either nor do I plan to” turns into I had to, then your in every taxpayer’s wallet. The solution is for entitlements and assistance to have stringent requirements and put the burden on the applicant to prove compliance.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    it doesn’t until your “I don’t rely on either nor do I plan to” turns into I had to, then your in every taxpayer’s wallet. The solution is for entitlements and assistance to have stringent requirements and put the burden on the applicant to prove compliance.

No objection there. Now can I do what I want on my own property? Driving, eating fatty foods, drinking soda, eating candy and ice cream, water skiing, snow skiing, bungee jumping, drinking alcohol, taking prescription medication, seeking professional medical treatment and sitting on my ass watching television for six months straight can all lead to someone needing to rely on assistance. Somehow we are free to do all of those things but some have been convinced that MJ is worse or somehow leads to a shorter road to that need. I’d like to see a reasonable explanation on why that is. How is it so different than much of anything else?

I’m all about individual responsibility and accountability. I don’t feel it’s society’s responsibility to save anyone from themselves or to bear the burdens of the reckless, lazy or criminally inclined.

You want to exclude people from entitlements based on their behaviors that society as a whole has deemed distasteful? I’m good with it.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    As others have stated, it already influences you. How much do you think it costs police to enforce prohibition? It isn't cheap.

I would say that none of us are entitled to anything except the freedom to earn our way in life. Why should anyone be entitled to the services or fruits of another person?

They have stopped prosecuting most of the MJ arrests / citations.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Also curious how much time you've spent in places like Colorado, Oregon since legalization? Know what they're like now? They're exactly like they were before, nothing changed for the average person going about their daily lives there.

The revenue is nice and I am certain the "high" is nice; but it is not all mellow results. The dangers of this certainly has impacted "others" and not just the one getting high. Since it does present a potential danger along with financial problems, I will continue to say no.

Back the revenue. I remember many years ago when Illinois started the lottery. All that revenue going to schools and roads......yeah, right.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm confused as to why anyone thinks whatever $$ the gvt. gets from this would be used more wisely than any other money they get or would result in tangible benefit to the populace at large.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm confused as to why anyone thinks whatever $$ the gvt. gets from this would be used more wisely than any other money they get or would result in tangible benefit to the populace at large.

It’s a ploy to garner support otherwise unavailable. Just like the ploy which was used to demonize marijuana.

montanamag

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    NWI
    Agree with you 100%! Definitely should be for medical use (which is a scam as has been stated) but hopefully that would lead to legalization in the future. I don’t smoke anymore but if I ever wanted to or for those who currently do it should be their choice.

Top Bottom