• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe. But many of them are also depending on subsistance transfer payments to sustain that standard of living. As long as that's happening, people will have a case for having a say in what choices you get to make. Cover your own nut, pay for all of the ramifications, including all of the collateral damage of your decisions, and your neighbor has zero grounds for interfering with your life.

I think marijuana should be legal. I also think if you receive any form of government payment you should be required to take a drug test. Collect food stamps? Drug test. If you fail your food stamps are revoked. You shouldn’t be spending money on a buzz if you have to take others money to survive.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We pay healthcare costs for anyone who falls below poverty line, by this reasoning govt should restrict anything that could negatively affect health.
    If you are going to be on the public dole, why not. Employers are beginning to penalize and reward healthy lifestyles as part of their compensation programs.

Also it sounds like we're lumping weed in with heroin. Most lazy stoners are still able to hold down a job at taco bell to support their habit. There aren't a many strung out stoners begging on the corner just trying to fill their next bowl.
    Personally I don't care if you want to use heroin. I don't think we should do anything to save you either or once again, don't ask me to pay for your choices.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Even when their decisions negatively impact your life, your wallet?

Where is this utopia where nothing ever negatively impacts my life or wallet because of other people's choices?

Wherever it is, I would bet that the population is 1.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd argue too many are willing to throw out freedoms in protest of the socialized consequences.
    I'd also point out the costs of our drug enforcement policy are also socialized and substantial.
    Keeping drugs illegal is far from free.

If someone could show you that (cost of legal marijuana + tax revenue offset) < (cost of drug enforcement + incarceration) would minds be changed on the subject?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd argue too many are willing to throw out freedoms in protest of the socialized consequences.
    I'd also point out the costs of our drug enforcement policy are also socialized and substantial.
    Keeping drugs illegal is far from free.

If someone could show you that (cost of legal marijuana + tax revenue offset) < (cost of drug enforcement + incarceration) would minds be changed on the subject?

From what I’ve seen here I’d say that’s a no. It isn’t a money issue, it’s a control issue and anything some people find icky they want banned.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From what I’ve seen here I’d say that’s a no. It isn’t a money issue, it’s a control issue and anything some people find icky they want banned.

Yeah, like driving as fast as I dare. I'm not hurting anybody (unless I have a big moment). You should just have faith in my skills

Freedom!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, except for the excellent before and after data from Washington state that you persist in ignoring, I got nothin'. Lolz

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not the one who needs to claim people who don't agree with my wants have sinister motives

And you know I live in Ohio, yes? What difference does it make what I think? What does it say about people who are so triggered by any disagreement with their wants and desires.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not the one who needs to claim people who don't agree with my wants have sinister motives

And you know I live in Ohio, yes? What difference does it make what I think? What does it say about people who are so triggered by any disagreement with their wants and desires.

edit: tapping out, you win dude. Knock yerself out

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I’m not triggered by your disagreement, I’ll admit to being agitated by your character.

I don’t care where you live. Eventually legalization will come to be a national debate. When that happens I’d prefer there were as many people as possible who understand that what I do to or with myself in the privacy of my property is not their business. Those who are incapable of understanding that I wish would move to a country where the government decides what color toilet paper they use, how many kids they have (you know, so as not to interfere with you driving as fast as you want). They’re obviously not suited to living in a country based on freedom.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m not triggered by your disagreement, I’ll admit to being agitated by your character.

I don’t care where you live. Eventually legalization will come to be a national debate. When that happens I’d prefer there were as many people as possible who understand that what I do to or with myself in the privacy of my property is not their business. Those who are incapable of understanding that I wish would move to a country where the government decides what color toilet paper they use, how many kids they have (you know, so as not to interfere with you driving as fast as you want). They’re obviously not suited to living in a country based on freedom.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phylodog again.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why is it so important for everyone to be able to get high? The high is (or can be) associated with so much more bad than good? It alters judgment and decision making, which can badly impact life. Alcohol is no better. Both are bad for the body, changes one's ability to make clear judgement calls, can badly affect others, and both are bad for your own body. They both cause increased burden on society by means of healthcare, property loss, lost income, and general support.

Nothing good will come of it. Nothing.
    Thats the way I feel about supporting democrats, but some people still choose to do it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Phylodog gets it. This is a Patriot. A man who walked (walks) the walk and talks the talk.

People thinks its all about getting high. No its actually not. I hate having a "high" or drugged feeling from medication. I dont abuse anything now. I wont abuse weed if its legal. I have prescribed meds that make weed look like apple juice.
    If I ever get to the point where my pain is so great that legal drugs wont touch it because of beurocrats restricting them so much that REAL doctors cant even treat their own patient's, then i will use whatever legal or illegal means necessary to have some sort of quality of life.
    Same with guns. If politicians legistlate my natural rights away, i will willingly and proudly become a criminal. Because I will never surrender my right to self defense.
    Freedom vs oppression. This is what every major issue in this country comes down to.
    Its a bunch of nosey people more concerned with what their neighbors do than minding their own damn business.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Even when their decisions negatively impact your life, your wallet?
    People do it regardless. If I’m paying a cost for other people to get high, I’m paying it either way. There’s a lot more cost in arresting, prosecuting, and incarcerating the small percentage of them that get caught.

Top Bottom