• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bottlefed

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hamilton county
    First off not angry at officers or the department in general just there's no one to talk to about this. Basicly my wife filed and was approved to have her lifetime pistol permit in fact a local officer looked it up and shows she has it yet We still haven't seen her pink paper yet. Then when you call or go in the website it directs you to a recording that says sorry we can't talk to you about your gun permit. So what do I do drive an hour to the station or resubmit and spend the money and wait 8 months again? Any help would be great.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    At the worst, you won't have to refile all the paperwork and go through the hassle. My worst case would be to apply for a duplicate to replace a "lost" LTCH.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Probably just got lost in the mail. I would just keep trying numbers for the State Police until I talked to someone. Does their website show a way to get a replacement???

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If it says she has it she doesn't need the piece of paper. I'd file for a replacement if I couldn't get any resolution. Is it possible it showed up at the house and not knowing what it was it accidentally got thrown out. I've lost about $100 worth of stuff at my house thanks to that....

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ...when you call or go in the website it directs you to a recording that says sorry we can't talk to you about your gun permit...

Can you write? How about sending a brief letter explaining the situation and asking them to drop her license in the mail. A trick to make things really simple is to include a self addressed stamped envelope, then whoever gets the letter at their desk can complete the entire replacement task all at once.

mbafta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Warrick Co.
    Have you tried emailing them through their website? I waited over 6 months and heard nothing. Sent them a nice email stating when I applied and all the other info I thought they'd need and 2 business days later they called me.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If it says she has it she doesn't need the piece of paper. I'd file for a replacement if I couldn't get any resolution. Is it possible it showed up at the house and not knowing what it was it accidentally got thrown out. I've lost about $100 worth of stuff at my house thanks to that....

Doesn't need the piece of paper? I'm not a lawyer, but I certainly wouldn't want to try and explain that to an angry police officer with a Glock 22 pointed at me for carrying without proof of license.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Doesn't need the piece of paper? I'm not a lawyer, but I certainly wouldn't want to try and explain that to an angry police officer with a Glock 22 pointed at me for carrying without proof of license.

Not sure why they'd be angry or pointing guns on the mere possibility of charging a person with a misdemeanor.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    If you call the number that is at the bottom of the page and hit zero, it will take you to an operator and then tell them you wish to speakmto a supervisor. I had the same issue, and come to find out they had it sitting in the mail room because it got wet at some point in time and they could not read the address so it was sent back and sat in the ISP mail room for an unknown ammount of days

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Hmm, I thought they made an E-mail account specifically to handle LTCH questions during the big rush last year due to the high volume of calls they were receiving. My memory could be foolin' me, or maybe they have since taken it down. I would go the e-mail route either way though. I'm sure there's an E-mail address somewhere on their page that would yield you a reply.

Edit: Or do what the guy above me said. He got his reply typed and posted while I was still typing.

Top Bottom