• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Yup. Unarmed security "guards" operating detectors. Stroller with diaper bag inside set it off, they did a quick look in the diaper bag and my knife made it in because they really are not thorough-placed in basket under phone. I guess it makes the sheep feel safer though...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Went on Saturday. Parked in the infield. Walked to the south entrance - right by the coliseum. Had walk-through metal detectors.

Hid my knife in my shoe. Set off the detector. Lifted my shirt to show the huge metal belt buckle of my rigger-style web belt. He wanded that, got a positive hit, then let me through.

The sheer number of pocket knives I saw clipped to pockets, however, made me realize that I probably didn't need to stash the Kershaw Rake in my shoe anyhow.

Dozens upon Dozens of State Troopers. Especially for dusk and night time. Even saw a couple of State ERT guys. Most staties are "bad dudes" - but these two seemed to be more badder.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Returned to my vehicle and left the gun there. Knives under a 4” blade are allowed.

Given the the open gate bars and many other security shortcomings, these are just feel good measures. Anyone determined to do harm would have little difficulty.

It will likely be our last visit to the fair if they continue with this system. I’m sad to see that we are becoming increasingly tolerant of these measures in the name of “safety.”

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took the family yesterday for the last day. We ended up parking in the infield (something I have never paid to do) and they put us on the dirt race track near the stables and little kiddie midway. We walked right off the track and into the main thorough fair. There was no real entrance point and no security to speak of. Definitely no metal detectors.

Top Bottom